Alpha 0.33.5 Update Released! “RNG Crafting”
We’ve done it! We ripped out the core and bam! Over 10,000 individual errors! Major props to Abe for pushing through one error at a time hooking up all the current features with our new core. We put the same time in, but the patience and ingenuity astounds me! The rockets set, the tanks topped off, get ready for some insane features coming up!
Now some of you might say “Hey, this seems a little more basic than the last version” and I say “It’s going to be rough on the edges, I mean we redid the game in 1 week, I mean who does that?, But don’t worry, we will keep rolling patches lichty split!”
Alrighty, let’s get to the crafting! That’s right RNG crafting. Every craft will be unique and each blueprint will have dominant and weak leaning towards specific stats. This type of crafting will open up a lot of avenues for us. We want to make crafting fun, something you can level up, get better at, and dash of luck to cap it off! Expect more exciting functions and features to come to the crafting.
Alpha 0.34 is still on schedule (We wouldn’t miss it for the world!), after this big bump (0.33.5), we should be out of the woods. So get ready to explore sunken city ruins and shipwrecks next week!
Patch 0.33.5p1 is going to come out before the 0.34 update. We wanna do some cleanup because this was one hell of an update, we will also introduce UI resizing in the next patch. Can’t believe we made it out! ;)
The truth is we just had to do this if we want to start getting this game to the next level. If we didn’t do this overhaul, the game would ended up with spaghetti code. That’s not us. Once we saw the community took a sincere interest in Landless, we decided to shift ourselves into second gear.
Also we need a favor. We need you to be “that guy”. Yeah, the one who always says “you missed a spot”. We need to get everything tidied up in the next patch for the 0.34 update. Anything you guys can shout our way will be a big help!
Enjoy your time on the high seas!
- Tooltips have been temporarily disabled. They will be brought back in the next patch. This inconvenience will only be for a few days.
- Leavenworth Merchants replaced with different content. (i.e. food merchant, wood merchant)
- Loot and Economy Balance
- Replaced old ui textures with slightly newer ones. Layout is still similar to maintain familiarity.
- Survival and Consumption Balance
- 3D sounds corrected, sounds will now come from correct locations
- Collider adjustments done to player boat
- Flour sacks deleted, will be replaced with more optimized model in future
- Save data combined into 1 file. We are warming up to allow players to have multiple save profiles
- Minor typo fixes. Still looking for more
- Changed engine noise for Gunboat
- Crafting broken down into 3 stages. First stage is Raw which is what is mostly salvaged and can not be crafted. Next is Processed, which are needed to create Finished. Finished items are what’s mainly going to be usable.
- Crafting results will always be different now. However each item leans towards certain stats. Hints will be added to the description in the next patch.
- Traveling merchant now stops when player gets close.