Next faction to receive an update is Isengard. Nearly all heroes, as well as the Uruk Captains, had some or all of their abilities reworked. The usefulness of Uruk Scouts was increased and changes to the Spellbook and various balance changes were made as well.
- Saruman - the master of Isengard and a powerful wizard. He starts off at rank 5 at the cost of 5000 resources and has received a new ability:
- Rank 10: Saruman of Many Colors - Saruman gains 500 bonus health, his spells deal 50% bonus damage and their recharge speed is reduced by 25%.
- Grima Wormtongue - the traitor of Rohan and a cunning servant of Saruman. Grima is a stealth based hero and starts off at rank 3 at the cost of 900 resources. All of his abilities were reworked and more were added in order to give him more depth and usefulness:
- Rank 1: Witless Worm - Grima becomes invisible until he is revealed, attacks or uses a spell. Using this ability is necessary in order for him to achieve his full potential.
- Rank 3: Loyal Servant - Provides passive bonuses to all other Isengard's heroes:
- Saruman: +15% Experience.
- Lurtz: +10% Vision and Attack range.
- Ugluk: +25% Armor.
- Sharku: +25% Attack.
- Rank 5: Sabotage - Deals medium damage to a target enemy structure, reducing its resource output and Armor by 50% for 60 seconds.
- Rank 7: Poisonous Words - Reduces the Attack, Armor and Speed of a target enemy hero by 33%. The effect lasts for 20 seconds.
- Rank 10: Assassinate - Deals significant damage to a target enemy hero. Especially deadly if used against an enemy Saruman. Less effective against regular units.
- Ugluk - a durable warrior hero, also adept at leading troops. Ugluk starts off at rank 3 and is recruited at the cost of 1100 resources. He has received two new abilities and his leadership has been reworked:
- Rank 1: Uruk-hai Lieutenant - Nearby Uruk Scouts and Uruk-hai gain +15% Attack and Armor and +10% Vision range.
- Rank 3: Brutalize - Deals significant damage and knockbacks a target enemy unit. Enemies near the target will also be knockbacked. Less effective against structures.
- Rank 5: Forced March - Nearby infantry units gain +15% Speed for 20 seconds.
- Rank 7: Supper - Heals nearby Orcs and Uruks.
- Sharku - an agile mounted hero, adept at scouting and leading Warg Riders into battle. Sharku starts off at rank 3 and is recruited at the cost of 1100 resources. He has received a new ability and his leadership has been moved from rank 3 to rank 4:
- Rank 3: Maiming Strike - Deals significant damage to a target enemy unit, slowing it down for 10 seconds. Less effective against structures.
- Tier 1: The Vision of the Palantir spell has been replaced with:
- Spies of Saruman - Summons a flock of Crebain to reveal a target location. Summoned Crebain can't be moved nor attacked and last for 60 seconds.
- Tier 3: The Spies of Saruman spell has been replaced with:
- Wildmen of Dunland - Summons 4 hordes of Wildmen of Dunland for 90 seconds.
- Tier 5: Rain of Fire can now be properly unlocked after Wolves of Isengard spell has been purchased.
- Uruk Captains - the fierce captains of Isengard's army. They are trained at the cost of 700 resources and are limited to 3 at a time. Their abilities have been reworked:
- Rank 1: Battle Formations - Nearby friendly infantry units gain +10% Attack and Armor.
- Rank 3: Siege Commander - Nearby friendly siege machines gain +20% Attack, +10% Armor, +20% Vision and +10% Attack range.
- Rank 5: Assault Leader - Nearby friendly units gain +50% Experience while Isengard Berserkers gain additional +25% Attack.
- Uruk Scouts can now have Banner Carriers and can be upgraded to rank 2. Two Uruk Scout hordes can now form a combo horde.
- Uruk-hai, Isengard Crossbowmen and Isengard Berserkers were given new, higher resolution textures.
- Isengard Berserkers are no longer limited to 10 at a time.
- Isengard Crossbowmen now cost 400 resources instead of 300.
- Wildmen of Dunland are no longer trainable and are summonable only. They received new textures and use the Wildmen of Dunland sound set from BFME 2 .
Credits for Wormtongue's model and parts of the texture for the Wildmen of Dunland go to Mathijs and the former Shadow and Flame mod team.
That would be all for this update. I hope you like the changes and additions and feel free to post any suggestions and report any bugs you find in the current released version of Middle-earth Extended Edition.