My name is Simon and I have been working on this game for about 10 months now, when I first started making it I didn't know any code of any type apart from HTML so it has been a fairly long/bumpy road but I enjoy what I'm doing so I stick with it. I started with unity after some misconception that I wouldn't need to code to use it, but I slowly got into the programming and I loved it so much I haven't stopped and it has kind of taken over my free time.
So about the game, Rolling Survival at its code is a wave survival game with an upgrade tree. Fairly simple in concept and I hope to echo that in its game play style. You are a little robot man in a one 'wheeled' tank; the main part hovers over a ball and you fight of never ending waves of one hovering attackers. Although I have only Implemented 4 enemies there will be 7 types:
- Drone - The normal enemy, has a sword for an arm and will stab you if you get too close, can get empowered (see below)
- Tank - Similar to the drone except larger, stronger, and cannot get empowered
- Empowerer - Empowers the movement speed of any drones that pass close to it, will approach you but cautiously. A priority target.
- Wanderer - Wanders randomly around the map , if you get too close it will explode doing significant damage.
Not Yet Implemented
- Swarm Host - releases lots of tiny/weak drones that will charge and suicide bomb, this will happen until you destroy the swarm host.
- Infestor - Will slowly drain the health of the player very slowly, but significantly if left unchecked for too long. Must be hunted down and killed.
There is also an upgrade tree within the game that you can use to upgrade your character with the experience from killing enemies. Not everything is final but it is pretty much finished, ill tease you with this screenshot:
Any questions, feel free to post a comment or email me / send me a message. I hope this interests you, There will be a gameplay video up within the next few weeks.
Thanks a lot