Beta is a big milestone for Heroes of a Broken Land. Personally it means that game has been defined - the core systems and gameplay are functional, now they just have to be improved.
Hereos of a Broken Land is now also on Steam's Greenlight: Steamcommunity.com - yes votes are appreciated!
Check out the latest video:
Changes in Beta 1.0:
- World tiles art updated
- Farm & Inn art updated
- Downloadable demo version added, Demo versions have level cap
- New music, longer loops
- Credits screen added
- Message log ordering & fade tweaked
- World Generation settings tweaked (larger worlds mostly)
- Fix crash when party is defeated in first dungeon, on first turn
- Fix Witch's Hut
- Fix Weak spell castable outside of combat
- Fix 1st level recruits not having selectable classes
- Fix corrupted save game issue
- Fix issue with doors and switches disappearing (hopefully)
- Fixed bug when switches share a wall
- Numerous minor bugs and tweaks
There's still quite a bit of work until the game's final, however most of the major systems and gameplay is already implemented. That means the main focus is tweaking, balance and bug fixes. However there will be new content, especially in dungeons - more interactive objects, traps, etc.I'd like to thank everyone who has supported Heroes of a Broken Land up to this point!
Got my vote