Hello Everybody! So this mod has been under development on and off for about 3 months(on and off due to personal reasons).
We now have a website up for Feudal World. Please register so you can further track the progression, apply for your faction to be whitelisted or keep in touch with the community.
This is of course based off the brilliant persistent world mod (Made by Vornne). I am going to try and write up detailed changes that I have made to this mod, but for now all I will do is list the current features and see if this mod is in your interest. Ok so here goes:
- New smithing system (forging and pounded metal) - Including new metal types and fuel types.
- New mercenary system and old mercenary troop type replaced with rebel faction.
- Arresting system - Cuffing and surrender option now possible.
- Sitting! - Chairs, Pillows, Thrones.
- New troop type system which includes female variants - Works the same way as the old system but now recognises you are female and will give you the according class type (So no more manly clothed females). Examples include: Ladys(Lord), Nuns(Monk).
- New troop types; Minstrels, alchemist and new lord types
- New textures made from several OSP packs combined and our brilliant modellers/texture makers; SmoothMovesPIE and Anonymous.
- New faces/hair for both genders, jewellery for female characters.
- A new law type faction(Name undecided): Can't be capped unless by an admin (RP Reasons) and of course can't capture castles. This faction permanently replaces the 3rd faction (This is optional to the map maker)
- Names above the players heads are now coloured white. They can now include your title and hide what faction you are. This all depends on what troop type you are, for
example, a serf would not have his faction name above his head but will only show serf(Of course you will be able to tell which faction they are by their heraldic items). For the different military roles and troop types it will of course show which faction you are in. The reason behind these changes are simple, people KOS (kill on sight) depending on your colour, even if you are just a simple serf who couldn't even put a dent in a tin can.
- Military troop types within a faction now receive an automatic wage.
- Added in cabbage/carrot farms
- Stick trees can now drop apples.
- Added recipe's for food types that were not added in by Pwmod. e.g Apple Pies.
- New poison type called Toxin
- Poison and Fire Arrows
- You can now throw buckets filled with pitch and set them ablaze with fire arrows.
- New skills for new troop types: Alchemy, Music, Trade.
- Trade works like this: Level 1 in trade = 10% cheaper prices for importing, 10% profits for exporting. So for every level in trade = 10%. This skill is specifically for merchants and doges.
- Playable instruments with the music skill!
- Alchemy system to produce a wide range of different types of potions. Poison, Remedys, Health, Food, Fire Bombs, Smoke Bombs. Each with a different recipe using a new system of crafting. Failure to produce a potion will destroy your ingredients so patience and knowledge is the key to the true alchemist.
- Oh and now you can poison food! oh great.
- Own a store and sell items from a market place. Beware leaving your store unattended as the items inside can be stolen with a lockpick!
- The old weapon crafting system is gone and replaced with a brand new system, in which you can produce any weapon from any castle (Of course only with the correct recipe ingredients).
- Expanded on the herd system to give you the chance to produce alpha type creatures, including: Alpha Boar, Stag, Warhorse!
- The old system of producing horses is gone and replaced with the breeding of horses and with time and patience you can even get the chance to produce a thorough bread
- New horses to replace the old with new stats, Including a mule to replace the cart horse.
- Horse whistling to summon your horse.
- New Lord types: Bishops, Doge, Captain, Lady(If you're female and you are training to be a Lord you will instead be put as a Lady).
- The map no longer finishes when a faction takes all the castles, instead the factions lord can now crown himself king, to which he will send a lovely message to everyone on the server to show his dominance. This also comes with the new troop type: King. (Bishops become Archebishops, Doges become a Patrician, Lady becomes Queen).
- Subjugate Factions; When a faction is on its last castle, the enemy factions lord can now subjugate the faction (Takes double the time of capping a castle and only a lord can do it), which forces all members of the original faction to be under the banner of their new lord.
- To improve leadership a lord can now assign himself a marshal and a steward(One each per faction). These all come with their bonuses. Marshal has the rights to announce, door keys, and is highest stats wise. He is your main man you want by your side when leading a charge into a enemies castle. He is in charge of security of you and your castle when there is no wars going on. You would want to put your best experienced warrior/leader in this position. Steward comes with keys to the money chest and door keys. He has skills that suit him to labouring and trading. He is in charge of keeping everything repaired and the security of your money chest. You want someone who can deal with the work load of keeping your castle in working order.
- Lords are now white-listed by a database, to keep persistent factions.
I think I have remembered near enough all the changes I have made already. I might add in a few more later if I remember them (should of wrote them down :S). The features you see above, are complete and the features below are being worked on right now:
- Weapon Recipes.
- Mannequin model.
- New castle.
- New caves.
- Mannequins that will keep faction members in chosen equipment depending on the faction banner.
- New outlaw system.
- Day and Night cycle.
- Sneak animation.
- Throwing tomatoes.
- Make the church chair sit-able.
- Put everything 10% original price (To prevent peasants running around with 300k gold).
- Finish off new horse armour model.
- New Admin horse model.
- Finish off new legendary set & Items.
- Admin interface.
o Added teleport player to you.
- Adding your own prices for your shop (may or may not be added).
- Implementing rope & tying animals to posts.
- Add the crafting recipes
Credits list -
Jazora Dowe - Lead developer and coder
Anonymous - Modeller, animator and textures
SmoothMovesPie - Modeller, animator and textures
Sheep - Mapper
Chinwun - Mapper
Honor - Lead tester, advisor and mapper
Frostguarde Community - Ideas and testing
Please do send a PM if we have missed out on any of you and credits will be updated accordingly.