It’s been a few weeks since the launch of It came from space and ate our brains on consoles and our major update on Steam, and we can honestly say we’re thrilled with the response we’ve seen so far. From awesome reviews to funny tweets, It came from space and ate our brains has been popping up everywhere and we love that.
Today we have some exciting news. We’re announcing our continued support of It came from space and ate our brains, which means we’ll be bringing updates, new content and gameplay throughout the year! We’re planning four major patches titled: Harder, Better, Faster and (wait for it...) Stronger.
HARDER - Update Open Beta - play today!
The Harder update will focus entirely on improving the game by addressing the feedback we’ve gathered from reviews, events and player messages. If you’re playing the game on Steam, you can help us by switching to the Beta branch, and testing the changes alongside our development team.
While there are over two dozen individual improvements, additions, tweaks and fixes, there are a couple of items that we’d like to highlight:
- All Campaign and Survival maps have been updated and improved for navigation (added navigation markers), performance (removed shadows cast by small objects) and gameplay (re-designed layouts)
- Rumble has been added to the game when using a controller
- We’ve added Korean and Traditional Chinese to the language options
Check out the full list of changes:
HARDER Update 1.1 Open Beta - Changelog
The arrow is here to lead the way (in case you wondered which way the danger lurks)
How to switch to Beta branch
Just follow these instructions:
- Open your Steam Library
- Right-click on It came from space and ate our brains
- Select ‘Properties...’
- Go to BETAS tab
- Select ‘Beta’ from the drop-down menu
- Wait for the update to download and play!
Enjoy and discuss!
Have fun playing the updated version of the game. Please bear in mind that it’s a beta build and you may encounter some bugs. If you do, please report them in HARDER - Update 1.1. Open Beta Steam forum dedicated to the beta. We appreciate all your feedback!
Now let’s shoot some aliens!