The stage is ready and the Nameless Hero waits for your orders! Chronicles of Myrtana 2.5 is finally out!!!
Here you are the download links to MEGA, MEDIAFIRE, GOOGLE DRIVE and DEPOSIT FILES:
Mega-Mediafire-Google Drive grant unlimited access, whereas for Deposit Files the link expires after a certain period (so, of course, I'll reupload a new link on it when it happens):
REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY GOTHIC TW
- Medieval II + Kingdoms Expansion (preferably CD version instead of Steam)
- Game Version: 1.5
- Sufficient space on your H-D
- Decent Graphics Card: the mod now uses sharpened textures for environment, poligons and other components. Hence, it will be more requiring in terms of graphics performance
(Advice: to increase your gaming performance, you may download and use gaming software that improve FPS, for example I use Razer Cortex: Game Booster. Moreover, if you feel confident, you may clock your Graphics Card to raise its power).
- First, if you already have CoM 2.2, you have to uninstall it completely, as now it's obsolete. Then, you can proceed with the new 2.5 archive installation.
After installing Chronicles of Myrtana 2.5, prior to start a new game YOU HAVE TO:
1) Go in data/text and delete all the files named "txt.strings". They are 24 in total to delete, hence after their removal you must have 26 remaining files in the "text" folder. (They will be regenerated by the engine)
2) Go in data/world/maps/base and delete the file "map.rwm". (It will be regenerated by the engine)
3) Create a desktop link of the file batch named "Gothic Total War" (the file which is needed to start the game). You can use the appropriate icon provided by the mod, called "redmask8003he".
After this procedure, you can finally start the game and play!!!
My special thanks and all recognition go to the VK Community which greatly supports me all the time.
Moreover, I want to thank our new members who recently joined the team.
Finally, credits and recognition go to Paleologos (from TWC), for helping me with the retexturing and for his great advice.
IMPORTANT NOTICE (Optional Choice)
Gothic TW: CoM exploits the RBAI (Really Bad AI). Hence, it's good to use the optional add-on for this AI, which greatly improves AI behavior during siege battles.
Namely, the add-on is called: Settlement Tweaks
For the installation procedure, please refer to the official RBAI page on TWC:
It's a good norm to install the add-on in the data\settlements of your Medieval II folder (I did the same, better than installing it in data/settlements of GothicTW folder). Hence, it will be applicable for all installed mods that exploit the RBAI.
In case you appreciate the passion we put in this mod, please rate it and give us your comments/suggestions.
Thanks from the GothicTW Team!
We do not want to terminate the project here as it would be too sad...
Hence, our main drivers for the future (i.e. long-term period) will be the special campaign "Valley of Mines" and further customization for battle map settlements.
We are always happy to hear from your suggestions and ideas about GothicTW: CoM. So, please share any comments you have with us. You can write down all your ideas in the dedicated page on TWC:
Moreover, we always encourage your active participation to the mod itself. Hence, for anyone interested, you are totally free to create you personal modifications of the mod, and if it is good quality content, it may be included in the official GothicTW: CoM.
Finally, as regards the ModDB page here, I'm gonna cease any kind of activity now, but I'll continue to check the page regularly and answer to your comments.
From the whole Gothic TW Development Team, we wish you a great experience and a lot of fun with the new CHRONICLES OF MYRTANA 2.5