HERE WE ARE GUYS!!!!!
The stage is ready and the Nameless Hero waits for your orders! Chronicles of Myrtana 2.2 is finally out!!!
Here you are the download links to MEGA, MEDIAFIRE, GOOGLE DRIVE and DEPOSIT FILES:
Mega-Mediafire-Google Drive grant unlimited access, whereas for Deposit Files the link expires after 30 days (so, of course, I'll reupload a new link on it when it happens):
REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY GOTHIC TW
- Medieval II + Kingdoms Expansion (preferably CD version instead of Steam)
- Game Version: 1.5
- Sufficient space on your H-D
- Decent Graphics Card: the mod now uses sharpened textures for environment, poligons and other components. Hence, it will be more requiring in terms of graphics performance
(Advice: to increase your gaming performance, you may download and use gaming software that improve FPS, for example I use Razer Cortex: Game Booster. Moreover, if you feel confident, you may clock your Graphics Card to raise its power).
- First, if you already have CoM 2.1, you have to uninstall it completely, as now it's obsolete. Then, you can proceed with the new 2.2 archive installation.
After installing Chronicles of Myrtana 2.2, prior to start a new game YOU HAVE TO:
1) Go in data/text and delete all the files named "txt.strings". They are 24 in total to delete, hence after their removal you must have 26 remaining files in the "text" folder.
2) Go in data/world/maps/base and delete the file "map.rwm".
3) Create a desktop link of the file batch named "Gothic Total War" (the file which is needed to start the game). You can use the appropriate icon provided by the mod, called "redmask8003he".
After this procedure, you can finally start the game and play!!!
My special thanks and all recognition go to the VK Community which greatly supports me all the time.
Moreover, I want to thank our new members who just joined the team and will help us for further work.
FINAL IMPORTANT NOTICE (Optional Choices)
Gothic TW: CoM exploits the RBAI (Really Bad AI). Hence, it's good to use the optional add-on for this AI, which greatly improves AI behavior during siege battles.
Namely, the add-on is called: Settlement Tweaks
For the installation procedure, please refer to the official RBAI page on TWC:
It's a good norm to install the add-on in the data\settlements of your Medieval II folder (I did the same, better than installing it in data/settlements of GothicTW folder). Hence, it will be applicable for all installed mods that exploit the RBAI.
In case you play with "Myrtana Kingdom" or "Thorniara Dukedom", we suggest you to replace the standard strat map interface which is used (more general to match the Wanderers culture too), with the alternative one called PATRIOT. For the UI replacement, go in data/ui/northern_european/interface.
Here, you replace "stratpage_01" and "stratpage_04" with "PATRIOTstratpage_01" and "PATRIOTstratpage_04". To make the replacement, you need to rename:
a) PATRIOTstratpage_01 --> stratpage_01
b) PATRIOTstratpage_04 --> stratpage_04
For the two standard UIs, of course you can rename them as you want, for example:
a) stratpage_01 --> BACKUPstratpage_01
b) stratpage_04 --> BACKUPstratpage_04
In case you appreciate the passion we put in this mod, please rate it and give us your comments/suggestions.
WE MUST INCREASE THE POPULARITY OF THIS AMBITIOUS MOD, which is still totally under-rated and its potential seems to be not fully understood at the moment.
Thanks from the GothicTW Team!
With the 2.2 release, we're gonna take a break now to rest and play the mod, we too.
Then, we'll resume with the last remaining components (listing explained in "Last preview: New Units")
From the whole Gothic TW Development Team, we wish you a great experience and a lot of fun with the new CHRONICLES OF MYRTANA 2.2