In this update the first steps are taken to improving progression as a school. Pit Arena, Trial battles and Bronze league competition has been added. We also put in the foundation for RPG elements that we will add in future content with unique dialogue before and after important fights in the arena.
Here are the patch notes for v0.66:
- Trial battles and Bronze League competition added!
- 8 NPC factions(sponsors/owners) and 30 gladiators added in Bronze League.
- Arena certificates, tickets and trophy unlocks added for progression.
- Reputation has been changed to Fame/Popularity
- World map has been replaced with a new progression system
- School overview has been added
- Scouting system has been removed
- Pit arena has been added
- Two hit combo attack with high stamina cost added for all gladiator enemys
- Both enemys and your gladiators now has a chance to cheat death in the arena
- Gladiators that survive based on luck get injured for 10 days
- Your gladiators accumulated wealth will now be inherited by you upon death
- Peptalk and tactics has been balanced
- Night time duration has been reduced
- Waiting time for coin reward after arena has been removed
- Experience gain after arena has been removed
- Workbench wood stacks has been reduced to 10
- 26 new backstorys added
- Improved UI
- New soundeffects and music has been added.
- Numerous combat improvements
- Numerous minor bug/grammar/graphics fixes
- Savefiles from previous version are compatible
New user interface for managing Gladiators needs
Spend skillpoints for your gladiators fighting style in this new UI
Change weapon and fighting style in the "Armor" section
New progression system in the world map with The pit, Bronze league and Trial battles. The old scouting system has been removed
Choose difficulty when you "grind" arena tickets and coins in pit fights
New arena has been added called "The pit"
New features added to the roadmap:
- Chariot racing arena(Compete in races with your own upgradable four-horse war chariot)
- Train slaves to become charioteers with strength, skill, and courage as attributes
- Practice plans/drills(Command your gladiators to perform special drills in group)
- Recieve offers to sell a gladiator to rival faction after a promotion
- Gladiators can buy their own freedom with their accumulated wealth as price
- RPG elements, interact with the opponents and other factions from Bronze League