This is a Source of information on Commonly asked Questions
- How can you mod a game that isn't out yet.
We are making Armor, weapon, Character, and scene assets that are textured and ready to be exported in-game, as well as Animations for Various creatures and items :)
- DOES THIS EVEN HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE WITCHER?
>YES, yet not in the Geralt of Rivia story line. This mod takes place after the 3rd installment of the witcher series, as if the Wild Hunt had defeated Geralt and companions and the White frost had unleashed upon the world. Everyone who Survived the attack in Skellige was forced to flee to this new continent.
- ARE ALL THE FACTIONS ELVES
>No, The Kingdom of Orania once ruled over the continent, yet in a year before the start of your play through 4 human factions revolted forming their own countries.
- WHY ARE THE ELVES PROTECTING THE HUMANS?
> They aren't, Zahovar has been the elves home for thousands of years, yet when the Conjunction occurred the humans of whom it bored did not fight the elves but live among them, fighting does not start until YOU the player start your game.
- WILL THERE BE MONSTERS
>Undoubtedly, We hope the game engine will allow us to make the monsters as great as they were in the witcher.... not just horses with different meshes. If this is the case techniques will be implemented and the creatures will be more Humanoids than anything else.
- HOW MANY FACTIONS ARE PLANNED?
>As of right now 7,the main four are the countries of the main continent which can be found in our article here Moddb.com the others The Nordic Kingdom of Jalaubeth and returning factions from the witcher series Nilfgaard and skellige.
- Is there any specific reason why you decided to make another continent and not have the mod take place say in the nilfgaardian wars in the main witcher continent with nilfgaard and the north and etc?
>Yes. For one this mod was originally planned for Skyrim and was not able to have the map be set in the "Continent", #2 While the old map would Draw more fans of the books, this version lets the player build their own story and choose to help Nilfgaard and skellige survive, or essentially let them die.
- WHY WOULD THE WILD HUNT JUST NOT KILL THEM? >They are, just not instantly. The reason the humans flee the continent is because of the White frost, The remaining people of Skellige sail in flee of the Hunt and The People of Nilfgaard and the Northern kingdoms sail because of the Devastating winter
>The WIld Hunt will be a Quest event in game, once you have Completed said quest, the Wild Hunt will arrive and start destroying everything they can, all elven armies they beat will join their ranks and the game will be perpetual winter until they are defeated, if possible.
- Where did you get this map from? This doesn't look anything like the witcher world. Am I missing something? none of these kingdoms listed are in the series either.
>Two of the Kingdoms are from the continent (the witcher world). The game is set after the bad ending of the Witcher 3 (spoiler), when the world begins to freeze over. The various nations flee the continent to a distant land of the west and that is where the mod begins.
- CAN I ASK QUESTIONS
>PLEASE DO!! This mod is for the community, leave any questions you have down below or on the main page and we will answer them as soon as we can, and they may be added to this list for everyone to see :)