Last night, I finished work on the first update for Helios Warp. I took some of my own thoughts and mixed them in with some friends’ suggestions and I’ve made what I believe to be a much more streamlined experience with Helios Warp 1.0.10.
- When the completion menu comes up after a level or after death, you can immediately retry, rather than having to wait for the menu to finish.
- Quickplay is now a unique, much more fast-paced mode.
- The game now properly tracks whether a reward video is ready to watch.
- The text on the continue & restart buttons has been replaced with icons.
- The tutorial messaging has been vastly simplified and is now more hands-on.
- I renamed the “regen” property to “heal” to make it more obvious what it does.
- I fixed a missing credit for Miami Beach Force in the help menu.
- After watching a reward ad, you get extra time before the game shows you an interstitial ad.
- Brightened up and added glow to the in-phone icon.
- Added an option to disable VFX so slower phones can run the game smoother.
- Added four Pro Challenge levels.
- You spend in-game credits each time you play one.
- Completing the challenge gives a huge reward.
- After each attempt, you must wait a time before trying again.
- These levels are designed for players who really enjoy putting it on the line to go after the big score.
The update is currently being reviewed by Apple, and should be available in about a week.