Fictorum v1.2 Released!
Major Change: New Runes
New runes can be found throughout the world! These powerful spell augments are Sentinel, Storm, Familiar, Bounce, Chaos, and Order.
Major Change: New Spells and Abilities
New spells and abilities can now be found throughout the world! They are Flareus, Sparkwhip, and Witchslap.
Major Change: New Game Mode
We put together a new shorter, hardcore only game mode for players to try. This is still in its preliminary stages and may evolve in the future.
Major Change: Observer Mode
Players can now take control of an observer and view the world in slow-motion.
Major Change: Cone of Cold Improvements
Cone of Cold has been significantly improved by granting the player the ability to create walkways, bridges, and ramps.
Minor Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Miasma is now discussed in the tutorial
- Removed the magical properties of furniture that allowed them to float in midair after their surroundings were destroyed
- Cone of Cold’s radius and reach has been extended
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally prevent a tooltip from appearing on found items/runes in the history scroll
- All titles that do not require a victory to unlock can now be unlocked appropriately
- The inventory will no longer lose gamepad focus when moving between the items and runes panels
- The chapter map will properly load the previously opened event if the player leaves the map by quit to desktop or returning to the main menu
- Impact decals will no longer attach to sheilds
- Fireplace fires will properly have logs again
- Many animation sets have been improved
- Fictorum will perform better on levels having a high number of structures
- Health, mana, and stamina bars have slightly improved textures
- Vault has improved VFX
- Scrolls extracted from rings will now show the appropriate item quality
- The game HUD will now fade after traveling through the nexus
- The third-person camera angles have been slightly improved
- Damage pop-ups can now be toggled from the settings menu
- The title screen has been enhanced visually
- Players will be asked to retire an existing character in a slot (if one exists) before starting a new one
Now that we’ve improved the overall quality and internal structure of Fictorum, we are ready to focus our efforts on adding new content. Additionally, we’re on a much more recent version of the Unreal Engine and have no plans to upgrade again (which was the source of most of our dev time in releasing this version), which means that we can get future updates out much more frequently.
Here are a few of the things that we’re planning:
- Add new events into rotation
- Add new capabilities to events
- Create new bosses, champions, and standard enemies
- You can see our full list on our Trello
We hope you’re as excited about these changes as we are. If you’d like to chat with us about suggestions to improve our game or share any issues you encounter, we’d love to hear from you! Feel free to reach out to us in whatever way works best for you.