FHSW 0.621 released!
After a long wait FHSW is back with 0.621.
How to install?
This is a full release. If you’re new to FHSW please follow the instructions of this guide.
If you have a previous version of FHSW installed and only want to update to 0.621 use the installer linked here: Moddb.com
I’ve tried to translate most of the changes from the Japanese dev blog, I can’t guarantee that everything is correct. The source is linked at the bottom of this news.
- zoom feature added: Pressing the “X” key while in a vehicle lets you zoom in. This has to be installed manually. Navigate to ../Battlefield 1942/Mods/FHSW/readme/ and copy the User.con from there to ../Battlefield 1942/Mods/BF1942/Settings/Profiles/[your profile]/Controls
- tanks: only tanks that historically had magnifying optics get the zoom feature
- aircrafts: zoom feature only enabled on planes with at least 30mm guns
- ships: main guns on battleships can be zoomed in twice, other ships once
- potential game crash removed which was related to removing land mines via wrench
- added crosshairs to hand held AT weapons such as Panzerfaust
- now shells with a caliber of 94 mm and above can penetrate walls and hurt infantry hiding behind, previously this applied only to shells with a caliber of at least 150 mm
- added new effects when AP or HEAT shells penetrate a target to give better feedback to the player
- bomb damage reduced when hitting objective mode targets
- fixed a bug that caused artillery shell explosions to not show up when they were fired from out of view distance
- improved FOV on some AA guns
- fixed flak tower collision mesh
- coop works again but it’s limited to maps and vehicles which were in the game before v0.5
- added missing vehicles to repair points and death bubbles
- The Dutch army from FHT has been added to FHSW, you can find it on the two new maps shown at the bottom.
- added F2A Buffalo: carrier aircraft which replaces some planes on the early Pacific maps for historical accuracy
- fixed B25G parachute bombs which often destroyed your own plane
- fixed 40mm Bofors hit marker
- fixed an issue with the Atlanta-class cruiser torpedo launch which was assigned to the wrong mouse button
- fixed the gun reload time on the Cleveland-class cruiser
- added an indicator on the LST1 landing ship which lets you know how far the ramp has been lowered
- added TOG-2 and TOG-3: related news
- added Cruiser Mk VIII Challenger: 17 pounder gun on a lengthened Cromwell chassis, about 250 were built and used near the end of the war.
- added Achilles: Another tank with the 17 pounder gun, this one used the M10 chassis.
- lowered A39 Tortoise reload time for the mortar
- removed hull-mounted machine gun on the Sherman Firefly for historical accuracy
- added Tiger II with “Porsche turret”: related news
- added 7.5 cm IG 37: related news
- added HEAT shell for the short-barreled 7.5 cm gun which is used for example on the Panzer III N or Panzer IV D, it penetrates up to 160 mm of armor
- added HEAT shell for the short-barreled 15 cm gun which is used on the Brummbär and Sturmpanther, it penetrates up to 300 mm of armor
- moved damage smoke of the Jagdtiger “Entwurf II” to not obstruct the gunner’s view
- doubled HP of the side guns on the P.1000 Ratte in response to the stronger UK tanks on this map
- increased resolution of some shell icons
- fixed the display of the reload time on the Nahverteidigungswaffe
- added P.108B bomber: related news
- adjusted Kawasaki Ki-100 maneuverability and speed
- fixed too wide freelook camera angles on Mitsubishi J8M (Japanese Me 163 Komet)
- added radar to more AA guns on ships
- added explosion effect to when IS tanks get destroyed
- changed ZSU-37 gun sight
- changed ARL-44’s gun from autoloader to manual reload for historical accuracy
- adjusted gun elevation and depression of 7TP and 14TP based on historical data
- FHT Conquest of Java 1942: Japanese landing operation launched against mostly Dutch troops.
- FHT Siege of Zeeland 1940: German attack on the Dutch province of Zeeland.