1.6 is Released.
This is the Final version of the campaign.
The main feature of this update is fixing the Stringtable Dictionary crash on the finale and improving the overall polish of the campaign. To do this, I've increased the resolution of most textures by a factor of about 4x -- done using an AI. Other polish work includes improved navigation for bots and infected as well as more detailed environments.
Release v1.6 - Final
- Added stringtable dictionaries for all maps.
- Updated saferoom graffiti again
- Most, if not all, level textures have had their resolution quadrupled
- Lighting and shadows have been drastically improved
- Map geometry has more definition: cylinders, arches, etc have more sides/faces
- Added more detail props/meshes
- Added more gore, decals, and overall wear and tear to the maps
- Added more particle effects and ambient sounds
- Added more boundary clip brushes to stop Survivors from getting out of the map in certain areas
- Added more clip brushes around protruding geometry and props
Improved navigation mesh
- Liberally added PLAYERCLIP to specific nodes to help the Survivor AI path better
- Added more nav zones for AI infected to spawn in, particularly on top of buildings and behind map borders
- Hooked up more infected ladders to the nav mesh to allow AI infected to navigate better
Map 4: Changed the parking lot area just outside the spawn building
- Added Custom Boss Spawning System to all maps in Versus Mode.
- Type !boss in chat after leaving the saferoom to see exactly where the Tank and Witch will spawn
- Tanks and Witches now ALWAYS spawn on Maps 1-4 on Versus Mode
Rebalanced a lot of areas for competitive play
- Removed some of the hittable cars in the parking lot at the end of Map 1
- Removed a few hittable cars and static vehicles at the Flood Gate in Map 2
- Removed several cars from the highway in Map 3 as well as some hittables
- Removed a few vehicles from the first outdoor section of Map 4
Added more infected ladders to all maps
- Removed several infected clips to open up new areas
- All infected ladders have had their width normalized to 28 units. No more thin infected ladders