Post news RSS Extra Life Stream

#GG Extra Life Stream! Play games and heal kids...what more could you ask for?

Posted by on

Pretty exciting news today! Two of us (Dirk and Sham) were able to be a small part of the Extra Life Twitch campaign. We spent a good hour on the Twitch.tv channel talking about Gamer Gate, our game, and other topics while DOTA2 was played. We were joined by Steve (@Youdaman) and our amazing host Shill.

  • What's Extra Life? Is it a real charity?

    Extra Life is a charity that benefits children's hospitals across the U.S. The Extra Life 2014 details page has more information about the drive.If you're concerned about Extra Life's legitimacy, refer to their FAQ page. According to the FAQ, the money you donate is submitted to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals charity. CMNH's Charity Navigator page shows that they are very transparent about their processes and make sure ~90% of donations make it to the hospitals in question (the remaining ~10% is consumed for administrative fees et al. that make such an organization possible). You can read more about CMNH here.If you would like to see who else is streaming for #GamerGate, you can check out the team's Extra Life pagehere, or our subreddit thread here.

    Follow GGExtraLife for live updates, including guest appearances!

    We were super excited to get a chance to talk about Incarnate, and do some good for some kids in need! Thanks guys!

Post a comment
Sign in or join with:

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.