- Elite's Conflict Mod v1.0 Information
- We are currently beta testing Elite's Conflict Mod v1.0 and preparing for a release soon.
- Once Elite's Conflict Mod v1.0 is released, we will quickly release v1.1 with any additions we would like to make, as well as looking at any bugs/revisions/etc from the community.
- Here are a few things specifically you can expect to see in this version of the mod.
- New conflict. This mod takes place right after the general story of Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. The Zann Consortium has been defeated and the conflict between the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance has resumed.
- New focus. We are focusing on the balance, mechanics, and lore of the first game of the series, instead of the Zann Consortium and the lore issues, balance issues, and depressing feeling that they bring to the Star Wars universe.
- New unit descriptions across the board. The Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, and Zann Consortium have all been overhauled to better reflect the lore of Star Wars. Using Wookiepedia Legends, movies, books, and some creativity to fill in the gaps. This mod will either make you feel at home in the Star Wars universe or indulge you into your first heavily lore based Star Wars game.
- New planets and maps. All the base Galactic Conquest maps have been swiped aside. As of now, 3 new maps have been added. All with 74 planets, this is just v1.0.
- New music. In the main menu and in game, new music will make you feel at home, just like the first time you played Star Wars: Empire at War or the first time you watched Star Wars: Episode IV. John Williams will make you feel like a kid once again.
- New units. Bringing in the "hidden" units of Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption, units such as Imperial Royal Guards, Rebel Informants, Kyle Katarn, Mara Jade, Executor-class Star Destroyers, and many more!
- Really though, a New Conflict. Is it just me, or is every mod and their mother a Prequel Trilogy mod? Either the mod is incomplete, on hiatus, or it is a Clone Wars era mod. I don't mind Clone Wars mods, but four is enough and there is no Rebellion Era mod that is what I consider "acceptable". :)
- Content I intend on doing in the future that is on hold for now because of a lack of staff and knowledge.
- New game menu. I feel the Forces of Corruption game menu is boring and very... yellow.
- New space fleet box colors. Too much yellow, once again.
- More maps and planets. Can't ever have too many right?
- More units. Refer to the above. ^
- Fixing any bugs, revising typos, errors, or lore issues, repairing balance issues, and anything else that comes up.
- Refit every spacecraft in-game with new hardpoints and change their descriptions accordingly.
- New icons for new/updated units.
- Better models for in game units. This is a big one. I'm not currently a modeler. If someone has good models/textures/shaders/etc... or the ability to create such masterpieces, please contact me.
- If the time ever comes, a new campaign, but I don't want to make promises I can't keep.
- Below are some examples of new units and their in-game descriptions.
- Imperial Royal Guard.
- The All Terrain - Scout Transport.
- The Acclamator II-class Assault Ship.
- These are just a few of the many updates in this mod. If you'd like to see more, head to the Elite's Conflict Mod page, listed here
I'd like to thank you for reading and I really hope you are as excited as I am for this mod.
Have a nice day,