Early upgrade engine
Currently, Infinitation Studio updates the Progress Engine to a fundamentally new version.
The new version will bring Progress Engine game engine to the 4th generation. This means the following:
- Demo engine will be no earlier than two months
- Have difficulty supporting consoles 3rd generation - PS3, XBoX 360, due to the lack, at present, the necessary optimizations.
- Significantly different characteristics and requirements of the engine.
First of all, transformed toolkit engine.
- Change the material editor, like Unreal 3
- Change the approach to the system of rendering. Illumination model (Deferred Shading, Forward Rendering, etc) will be possible to switch.
- Add full support for voxel geometry on the levels, in order to make destructible elements.
- Add game logic editor - nothing more need to write all the logic games can be seen in a visual display.
- Materials will become more complex, and their creation - more flexible.
- Support for hardware tessellation, when rendering.
- And so on.
And now for the sad. System requirements:
- Processor: 3GHz MultiCore Intel, or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8GB +
- Video: nVidia GF80-based, or more power
- HDD: Plenty of HDD space
It is planned to release a technology demo in the free swimming, together with the study (much truncated) version of the toolkit, as soon as the engine will be completed.