Edain Demo 4.1.2 Released
Khazâd ai-mênu, Companions of Edain!
Today, the Patch 4.1.2 for the Demo of Version 4.0 has been published. You can download it directly via the update function in the Launcher.
To download the Demo, please click on the banner:
If you have any problems, you can as always visit our Support Forum!
We decided to publish a Fix-Patch, which will stabilize the game, before publishing the elves of Lothlorien. This patch fixes many of the reported bugs, improves the balance and corrects some problems concerning the AI. Therefore, there won’t be lag problems with the Dwarven AI, or game crashes when playing against a Gondor AI.
Additionally, the patch includes the following changes:
- Economy Building: have different cost and resource values:
*Economy buildings inside the fortress and on outposts cost 500 and generate 36 resources.
*Economy buildings at settlements cost 250, but generate only 24.
*Lumber mills generate 6 resources per wood.
*Citadels of camps and fortresses generate only 30 resources.
*Production increase upgrade increases the production to 33% more
*Defence measurements and increased defence measurements increase the health of the building each by 1500
The idea behind these changes was that the buildings inside the fortress should be the better ones, so that the fortress becomes a more attractive target, but only in the late game, because the buildings inside the fortress are more expensive and less effective.
- Thorin III‘s Condemning Strike has been reworked such that the ability should work correctly now. Now, the ability deals less damage, but Thorin gains +20% armour for a short time. The reason behind this change was, that we wanted to improve Thorin III’s role as a tank.
- Murin’s Charge ability doesn’t summon dwarven warriors, but Ram Riders.
- Bofur‘s ability set has been reworked. His level 10 ability should work now in the way it was intended. Also, his pick axe attack has got a new function.
- Guardians of the Iron Hills deal 50% less damage against swordsmen, when using their charge ability, and the reload time has been increased by 25%
- Peasants and Farmhands: recruit time has been increased by 10 seconds
- Draft reloads 60% slower
- Block formation of the Gondor Soldiers does not reduce the damage anymore (it exchanges only armour for movement speed, as long as they keep their position it is direct bonus)
- All three basic Uruk units: 10% less health and armour, reduced boni by the steelworks
- Battlewagons automatically heal themselves at level 2
- Bill Ferny: damage reduced by 20%, Cutpurse grants only +35% damage and armor, but Bill steals twice as much resources per hit
- Gleam of the Arkenstone: grants only +50% damage
- Thorin‘s leadership: grants only +25% damage
- Flank penalty bonus of all units has been increased from 30% to 50%
- Health points of most heroes have been reduced by approximately 15%
- Cavalry deals greatly increased damage when trampling, in particular against archers, but is slowed down much more. The idea is that cavalry should be able to deal more damage, but has to be used more wisely.
- Cavalry speed has been increased once more by 10%, and the movement speed of mounted heroes has been adjusted to this value.
- Damage bonus of cavalry with forged blades against buildings ahs been increased by 50% (as a reminder, forged blades increase the basic and trample damage against all units, but the bonus against buildings is additional)
- Formation oft he Axe Rohirrim, grants +30%
- Spears deal 50% more damage, when they are trampled by cavalry.
- Also, the Beorninger got a new Bear Form:
Have fun and enjoy playing!
I did not notice it until now, but menu launcher has music in it.
I like it, very good music. And I look forward to Lothlorien :D
No woodland elves D:
Yarsh there is, like Mordor can build Dol Goldur, Cirith Ungol and Minas Morgul, Lothlorien can build Mirkwood Elf realm x)
I know. But when I first saw this update I thought it said "Version 4.2" Then I realized it wasn't the Lothlorien/Mirkwood update. XD
I have problem with tunngle, is this the place i can ask for the answer ? is tunngle realy work ?
Btw great job edain team, keep it up :D
Tunngle should work. at least it's the officially supported program by the team.
However, if you're experiencing problems, you might as well try GameRanger or other programs. Edain (well BFME) should work correctly on all.
I know it has nothing to do with the comment above, but since I see you comment on every update I was hoping you could help me. How to I install custom maps? Cause I put map ini file on the appdata of the game and still doesn't shows up
What exactly is your problem? It works without problems for me, while gameranger causes many problems at my computer.^^
Okay I try to re-install it and voila it worked.. one more thing, can i put game suggestion in here ?
Yes, I'm sure they won't mind! :D
I play WOTR as isengard and when attack happened in my base which is in Orthanc, I can't built anything inside my base (behind the wall), can you please fix this.. thanks before :)
Greetings!!! I installed the demo and downloaded updates (1 of 7) but not added lothlorien faction. What do I do?
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Lorien isn't available yet, so you have to wait until it's released. ;)
May you create the design for the dwarves from Erebor as it is in the film ? It would be very awesome :D
use gameranger :)
2 updates in one week! :o :D
Hello, thanks for the news! Please tell me, often the units pass through walls, jump on them and go through the gate. Is there a way to fix it? It spoils the impression such a trifle. Thanks!
They can move through gates or walls when the AI gave a movement-order before you closed the gate. This also happened in Bfme II very often and is sadly unfixable. The "jumping" also existed in Bfme I and is also sadly not fixable.
A way to fix it at the start of the game (where it usually happens) would be to make that the AI doesn't send their starting units DIRECTLY inside the player's base. It should at least fix the problem which happens at EVERY game start when we close our gate :)
Or just leave the gate open and then ambush 'em, that's what I do lol.
cant someone script for all the gates to spawn closed at the start of the game? this bug only happened to me at the start of the game anyways
Thankee-sai for the update, Edain maestros. Had a quick run with Dwarves and skirmish ran very sweetly. Noticed that I cannot deploy Dain's battlewagon though...
When will come the elves?
When they are done.
And when will they be done. Not an exact date but maybe you can say one week one day or one year . Plz
Between 2015 and 2100.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Lol Turin, this gives trolling Saruman a run for his money :D
niceee great job ;)
really a great job. I'm impressed of your work :-D
YES RAM RIDERS MOTHER F***ER!!!
How I can see what is my patch? Because I put to auto-update and I think it didn't work.
Auto Update automatically starts an update when available. This update then looks like the updates you have done manually before. It does not necessarily start it directly when the update is available. You can still search for updates manually, if the launcher is finding an update then you do not have the latest version installed.
Ok. Nice. Thanks
Will ever be able orcrist on thorin oakenshield rank 10?
Thorin gets orcrist at level 4 as far as I remember.
But in the latest version he lose it at level 10.
Yes, because he gets the movie sword, which he weard with his golden armor (as wished from our fans).
Ok if fans wants it.
So how many factions are left? Elves and Misty Mountain?
Lothlorien, Imladris, Misty Mountains, Angmar and Penguins.
Those factions will be added. You're just playing a DEMO, so it doesn't have all factions... It's all explained in our "plans for 2015"-news.
Yes, I know. Just wondering. Keep up the good work, the mod is looking awesome!
I have possible a bug I'd like to report. When I eliminate one enemy (I am in legendary heroes mode), my command points go from 1400, or whatever they were at, to 900, and that is the maximum they will go to for the rest of the battle. Is that intended?
The edain mod works with the 2,02 patch of the ROTWK?
I would like to be able to install the 2.02 patch and edain mod.
It is possible?
Since 2,02 is not a patch, but also a mod: No it does not. You can only have one mod installed at once.
Ok. And to switch bettwen them do I need to reinstall the Rotwk or can I only unninstall and install the other or vice-versa?
What's up with my launcher? It can't see updates after they relased. I saw 4.1.1 patch in my launcher only yesterday, but it relased in Jul 27. I tried to reinstall, but it didn't help me.
Sorry for my bad English
Its just the news shown on the right... They are not instantly updated when an update is launched but rather when I find time to do so. The launcher always tries to download them on startup, but only does so when you have an internet connection and it can connect to our server.
If you want real mod updates: go to updates and search for them.
But my launcher can't find ANY updates before news about new patch appear in my launcher. I had this problem on 4.01 too. Launcher found this update and downloaded it only when next patch was relased...
And again sorry for my bad English
Considering the news and the updates are handled completly different and without any connection between them, this cant be true.
Sure you wont find any updates if the patch was not yet released, but you should be able to download and install 4.1.2 if you haven't already.