Edain Demo 4.01 Released
We have just released our first patch for the Edain 4.0 demo. You can download it by using the update option in the launcher. Note that you'll have to check for updates twice to get the full patch. The first time, it will download an update for the launcher itself, then close to install that. After that, restart the launcher and check for updates again to download the patch for the mod itself. In the future, this will require only one click.
If you encounter any problems, visit our support forums for help!
4.01 is primarily a bug fix update, removing many of the problems reported so far. Additionally, we have decided to remove SweetFX with this patch, as it caused problems for too many users. Custom Heroes can once again be selected normally for all factions except Rohan, we will keep working on this in the future. For Rohan, you can still use the old selection method, which has received a clearer popup description.
We have not made any large content changes so close after release, as we are still assessing feedback and want to give people time to play with the new version. However, we have implemented a first round of balance changes:
- Units are roughly 15% more vulnerable against their counter, i.e cavalry is 15% more vulnerable against pikemen. We have received feedback that many of you find the counter mechanics too weak, but we want to be cautious with our changes here in order to not upset the entire game balance.
- Mouth of Sauron now costs 2000
- Gothmog now costs 1200
- Nazgûl now cost 1500
- Fortresses of Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur now cost 3000
- Peasants have 50 less health
- Draft spell now requires two points
- Gamling now longer grants additional upgrades with his call to arms at higher levels
- Improved armor against arrows for battering rams, siege ladders and siege towers
Enjoy the update!
Your Edain Team