Pre-order Dwelvers and get three free steamkeys
Dwelvers will be released to Steam any day now, until then we have the offer that anyone that pre-order Dwelvers before the Steam release will get three free steamkeys.
What do I get by pre-ordering Dwelvers?
- You will be able to download and play the latest version of Dwelvers available.
- Your account status will show that you have backed the development of Dwelvers.
- Once released on Steam you will get at least three free steam keys to use or share amongst your friends. (Dwelvers has already been accepted to Steam, but hasn’t been released to Steam users yet.)
- Access to additional content, not available to non-Pre-Orders.
This pre-order option is a limited time offer. Once Dwelvers gets released on Steam, Pre-Ordering will no longer be available. So don’t miss out on the chance to become a part of a very special group of people that helped us with the development of Dwelvers, and get recognition from your account here on Dwelvers.com.
Pre-ordering the game directly from the website will allow you to become more involved with the development of Dwelvers than if you bought it on any other site.
This means that those who pre-order Dwelvers will get access to game content that is hidden for those who just simply purchase the game on Steam. The reason for this is not only as a thanks for your support, but also because it will be a lot easier for me as a developer to give a smaller group of people the chance to try out new features before releasing them to everyone that has bought the game. Before a major update of Dwelvers is released on any other site it will always be bug-tested here first. Also, more funding will go directly into the development of Dwelvers because no other parties will take a cut of the transaction.
Link to Pre-Order: Dwelvers.com
Some of the upgrades since v0.7e
- AI Test - Upcoming aggression - Enemies can now dig into your dungeon.
- New creature bars - The player can now see the health, the level, the mood and the name of the creature, and a lot more clearly than before. Also, with this design it is a lot easier to separate friend from foe.
- Console window - A discreet console window has been implemented that updates the player when a new item is available for production, when a creature level up (showing the name of the creature as well so that the player bond a little more with them), when the player gets a new message (battle or production), when the player speeds up or slows down the gamespeed (yes, we can now modify the gamespeed with +/- within the range of x0 -> x9).
- Easier to obtain creature info - When a creature icon is selected with the hand some other icons will pop up above it. These icons shows how many of the creatures are in a good, neutral, bad or dead mood. Also how many of the creatures that are idle, working, or fighting. When these icons are left clicked the player will toggle and zoom in on these creatures.
- New creature production system - The idea is simple. There will be some buildings in the dungeon that attracts certain creature types. When these buildings are built the creature that are being attracted will get spewed out by the Dark Mother. From this point the player will have to make sure that this creature (lets say Orc) is happy. Because when all the Orcs the player owns are happy a timer will increase (that is the cyan colored line in the screenshot above), but when one Orc of all the Orcs is unhappy the timer will decrease. This is represented by a green (+) or a red (-) as seen in the screenshot. The challenge here is to keep all the Orcs happy, and the more Orcs the player gets the harder it will be to keep them all happy at once.
- Dwelvers XML Config - From here the player will be able to choose building costs and creature attraction if he wants to experiment with the balance of the game.
- Gamespeed can be tweaked between x0 - x9 with the + / - keyboard button.
- Difficulties can now be chosen after a level has been selected, it is no longer the level that choose the difficulty.
New creature production system
I know, this is the third time I change it... But as long as I am not happy I will keep changing it. So this time I have backtracked to DK's way of creating creatures with some modifications.
The idea is simple. There will be some buildings in the dungeon that attracts certain creature types. When these buildings are built the creature that are being attracted will get spewed out by the Dark Mother. From this point the player will have to make sure that this creature (lets say Orc) is happy. Because when all the Orcs the player owns are happy a timer will increase (that is the cyan colored line in the screenshot above), but when one Orc of all the Orcs is unhappy the timer will decrease. This is represented by a green (+) or a red (-) as seen in the screenshot. The challenge here is to keep all the Orcs happy, and the more Orcs the player gets the harder it will be to keep them all happy at once.
To limit the player from creating 50+ Orcs every Orc the player own will make the timer increase slower. So when the player has 1 orc it will take 1 minute to create another one, then it will take 2 minutes, then 4 minutes, then 8 minutes and so on.
The reason I want to limit the creature production is because I want the player to focus on equipping and training the creatures and not to mass produce them.
I will of course make it a lot harder for the player to keep the creatures happy by giving them more demands. The Orc for example requires:
- Well rested, drunk and well feed.
- To be at least level 2 to be happy.
- To get really drunk at least once every 20 minute.
- To start a battle with someone else at least once every 10 minute. If the Orc faces some real enemies there will be a delay on 20 minutes, it doesn't matter if the orc wins or looses, he will still be happy (A lot of creatures will probably be beaten up and dragged to their beds unless the player engages the orcs in battle).
- To be able to be left alone from other races once in a while. (Good to build their beds separately from other races).
- To be able to pray to their God once in a while (Here is where the orc statue come into the picture)
Patch fixes since v0.7e
- Unreachable enemies, ignored rally flag - They saw the enemies below first then I discovered the portal and flag it for the orcs to smash, but they are too busy spiting and pissing on the impanzees below (I don't blame them, with all the beer they drink...)
- dwelvers.exe is not closed - Since the last update i have the problem when i quit the game the dwelvers.exe will not closed and the task are inactiv.
- Water bug - While digging around a lake the water started going crazy, showing intermittent waterfalls, that would build up and then disappear continuously.
- Broken hidraulics on maze - Apparently Cyclotaurs aren't the greatest engineers...
- Can build prison door into oblivion - I was building a proper settlement for the poor cyclotaurs to recover after being freed from the maze, when I noticed that prison doors can be built to be opened into nothing...
- Torch inside statue - When you build a Orc statue on top of a torch on the wall, the torch does not disappear.
- Crash When Placing Room Flag Over Idle Imp - The game crashed while moving the flag for a newly built store room. I'll post the log file, if I can find it, shortly.
- After storage room separation - ....I preferred to keep the two storage rooms and devided the huge one. At this point the first one had all its old settings, but the second one was just the old storage room without flag or sign. As I tried to set a new flag to the second storage room, the game crashed.
- Can't sell lilypad - You can't build blocks over lilypads, so I can't claim that block if the water is too deep, thus, I'm unable to build enough dirt to completely level a lake and use the space to build rooms..
- Rally Flag & Bridges - Rally Flags placed on Bridges fall through to the ground under water and are not visible. Troops do still go to the Rally location though.
- Can't destroy final Cyclotaur door - So i discovered a Cyclotaur maze. Everything went smooth, but when i reached the final door my minions won't destroy it, like shown in the Screenshot. After reloading and restaring the game, nothing changend.
- Delivery flag crash - i increased the size of an already big sorage room the delivery flag location changed and when i put it back to the old location the game froze.
- Crash after hit F1 in ceature menu - When I press the F1 Button in the creatures Screen, the game will crash.
- Imps eating with the Cart - I don't know if its a issue but my imp eating with the cart...
- Imps with cart sometimes keep working in packaging - sometimes imps take a full kart and start filling another instead of going straight for the portal.
- Feeding loop - it creates somewhat of a loop of imps carrying the stuff back and forth ( takes some time after the order is placed
the first few items work fine )
- Feeding orders dont seem to be saved - I saved a game where i had a huge feeding order going and and the order was ogone after loading to test for another problem.
- (Black) Blocks, not rendering wall faces under construction - It is different, it changes with the angle and its only when the wall block is under construction.
- Ogg crash - Game crashed with the message that the Ogg file were being unable to load.
- Confused Orcs in Trainingroom - Some Orcs are confused in the Trainingroom when the door are open.
- Crash - During change armor of the orcs - I have this crash when i change armor of the orcs or of the imps. .
- Selecting where to save makes the list scroll just below said savefile - There's a weird glitch with the scroll bar when saving.
- Can only lock doors with the rotate option - Left clicking on the doors does nothing, where previously it would lock it. You have to use the rotate option for it to lock the door with chains and padlock.
- Shield decoration has a black/transparent background on *some* rooms - The bug happens in some Rooms in some not. Shackles and painting seem to behave OK, it's only with the shield.
- Shovel - This is a small bug and I don't know if it's a real bugg but when you select a tile with your shovel a imp comes to the tile and start swinging a pickaxe.
From now on I will release a demo with every new version of Dwelvers released. The demo works exactly as the full version with some limitations:
- You can't save or load any games.
- You only get 60 minutes of game-play per game.