Dwelvers Alpha 0.8f released
Dwelvers on Steam
Dwelvers Alpha v0.8f has now been released, it took a little longer than expected because I started on the first part of making the buildings moddable.
So now all the buildings have separate folders in media/xml/buildings with separate textures instead of loading them all from a big image with tiled textures. Also, all the buildings content such as textures, models etc are now loaded from xml files, and these xml files can be modified by anyone.
It is not fully moddable yet, you can't add new buildings but you can change the models and textures, and also alternate the current content with other content with the purpose of creating more variation in the game. I will try to get a manual on how it all works asap :)
New features in Patch 0.8f
- The Fishman can now equip armors.
- The Fishman have taken the fishing jobs from the imps.
- The Fishman damage has been increased.
- New creature added: The Piggeh.
- The Piggeh have taken all the jobs in the cookery room from the imps.
- Ladders added.
- 4 more claimed wall models added.
- The building textures and models are now loaded from their own individual folders.
- All building models and textures are loaded from xml files.
- Simpler buildings such as walls can now be modded.
- The mipmapping has been improved.
- The rogue can now also claim paths and reinforce walls.
- The working priority has been changed.
- New item added: Water block
- The player can now fetch water blocks.
- The player can now drop water blocks.
- New mouse radial menu category: Tool menu
- The player can no longer see neutral creatures name tag.
- Neutral creatures are no longer shown on the minimap.
- Creatures won't be produced before their beds have been built.
- Possibility to remove the GUI by pressing ALT+G, good for when taking screenshots.
Plans for the next patch
I have noticed that the FPS have started to get a little low, so I will probably spend a couple of days optimizing the game so that the not-so-new computers can play the game smoothly as well.
There have been some complaints about the huge amount of creatures produced by the Dark Mother, I will probably give the player an option to limit the creature production somehow. Not everyone wants 120 imps running around in the dungeon, no matter how cute they are :)
It is now time to take a look at the equipment system, the initial idea was that all the creatures should be born naked, and that the player will dress them. But this has not been an option yet because I find the equipment system way too tedious atm, and it needs to be a lot more automatic and a lot less micro management.
Bugs... I haven't had the time to go through the current bugs with this version, but this is something I will deal with in the next one.
I will implement than more what is listed here, but this is what I find the most urgent to add atm.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to limit the creature production and make the equipment system simpler, then you can your suggestion here at the forum and help me with the development.
I hope you all like this patch, happy playing :)