Out of all things that could happen, a second data loss not even a year from the previous one is quite a big shock.
Worse when i can't recover a thing unlike last time.
Couldn't exactly do a backup of 1TB-ish files too, so, no dice on that.
So, while i mourn and try to redownload those resource files/tools/etc, here's an update to an old remod.
KNOWN ISSUES :
- The mod starts to degrade the more you go from level to level.
Nothing can be done about this besides having quite the luck.
- Bloody Snow has an issue where if you place the bomb too close to the door, you'll get stuck on the bomb's brush (basically a death sentence), keeping a little distance should give you room to run.
- Zat'nik'tel is too overpowered in that it stunlocks you in one hit and instakills you when shot with another at quick succession, no dice trying to modify the configs, i guess it fits with the actual lore?
- For some reason, the M16 seems to have its fire state broken if you go full auto with it, this doesn't happen in older Half-Life versions (as their rate of fire seems to be set on HL versions before the 9mmAR's slow firerate fix).
No cure besides only firing on semi auto.
2.0 Changelog :
- Altered Zat'nik'tel hand holding position.
- Replaced the LD cultist models.
- Moved the PSG1's firing position to fit the idle animations (still couldn't find a way to fix that sleeve dislocation though, GO Team really did screw that part of the animation up).
- Replaced the old w_m92s model to fit the view model.
- Fixed the Unas's see-through shoulder.
- Replaced the LD HL Sentry and Apache.
- Replaced Daniel Jackson's model.
- Replaced dead SG operative models.
- Altered MP5's drawing speed.
- Modified cleansuit_scientist to no longer having the Black Mesa ID and now uses Water-Phoenix's faces textures.
- Altered M92S's view model's odd finger.
- Altered USAS's drawing speed.
- Modified Gacgoa's model to have an actual chrome shine instead of a texture based shine.
- Replaced Snark Goa'uld with a darker one (fitting the original colors, btw, actual snake Goa'uld model is in the Addon folder if you really like non-existent hitboxes).
- Modified construction model to no longer having the Black Mesa logo/ID and removed glistening shine.
- Replaced HGrunt model.
- Added new sounds.
- Replaced old weapon HUD selection sprites.
- Added Medkits to particularly difficult missions, heals 35HP each.
- Tollana's endgame script now activates by trigger to avoid glitches, better kill those Goa'ulds fast!
- In a lot of maps, multi_managers that triggers more than 8 entities are now split for stability reasons, most things like Stargate activations should now work slightly better.
- Made the hidden switch in neige2 literally glowing.
- Added new splash screen.
- Replaced most low quality music with higher quality soundtrack, yes, they are Unreal/Tournament soundtracks (i had a sudden lost of data and those music files were one of the few survivors that was sitting on a different drive, might as well use them for something).
- Moved that blasted fmod.dll to outside the folder, now any mistakes in installations will be on the user, legit hope that this will be the end of LoadLibrary errors.
- Added Steam icon.
- Altered loading screen, both menu and ingame.
- Replaced decals.
- Finally got that ol' detail textures thing done for all maps.
- Removed the knife from Area51 mission, turns out you don't really need a weapon to finish it (better off since a lot of the puzzle items are actually breakable and can get you stuck).
- Moved ring teleporter ambushers in The Skull and The Ancient Temple.
- Removed Zat'arcs from numerous missions (except Bloody Snow), might as well remove the one weapon that was making missions a cakewalk with a sandwich.
- Early triggered the ring teleporter in Escape from Apophis to sign players where to go at the end of the valley.
- Updated the Credits to the new format (less namedumpy).
- Updated ModDB stuff to fit the new file.