This project is currently looking for passionate and talented artists and developers to collaborate with. Currently myself, Glader, am acting as a one man band attempting to do any art needed but my forte is network programming.
Specially we need:
- A talented 3D character/biped/multi-ped modeler who may be comfortable working with me to design a smooth art pipeline that will be compatible with the UMA (Unity Multipurpose Avatar) framework for dynamic/runtime model customization and randomization.
- A passionate concept artist that is comfortable working with past artwork and already actualized models to provide reference points for modelers to remake/remaster pre-existing content. While not required, having a desire to produce purely promotional and hype-generating pieces for the community will be a benefit.
- A tools oriented programmer, C# or C++, with experience in either Windows Forms (or Mono equivalent) or QT (if using C++). Experience with Unity3D a major plus with editor extension programming a benefit as well. Must be prepared to speak and work with various other collaborators of varying skillsets to provide them to, within reason, general tools a mutliplayer project such as this requires.
- Environmental artist. This category will have the most artistic freedom of all the above. Staying true to the original style is mandatory but embellishment is highly welcomed. Must be prepared to work on environments in a modular fashion; content may be used in a procedural way in the future of the project. Must be passionate about the Phantasy Star Online level atmosphere and its remastering.
- UI/Graphic artist. Likely the least demanding role, at least at this point in development, would be a 2D/UI/GUI/Graphic artist. Role would entail the recreation of some the original UI components found within Phantasy Star Online. However, should also be expected to creatively expand and embellish on the original designs. Must be ready to work closely with any GUI programmer or network programmer to understand what is reasonable, useable and needed in terms of a multiplayer UI.
Feel free to contact me via email at: Andrew.email@example.com or contact as Glader on the Unity3D forums or PSO World.