Aaaaaand we're back!
The reaction to the 1.2 release was awesome, thanks to everyone who tried it! Here are some stats from the online leaderboard:
- Just over 1800 hours of total playtime (that's over 75 DAYS).
- 370,000 recorded runs.
- 28,569,847,450 total points earned
- Nearly 2000 unique usernames (and lots of runs by "Anonymous")
So school is over and we can finally get back to work on a new version. This will be a complete rewrite, so it should be a lot more flexible and have a lot fewer little glitches and issues now that we're no longer working off the original (very disorderly) 48 hour code.
We'll be using a custom engine that's been an on and off project for a number of months, and though I won't bore you with the details, it should be a lot easier to work with and allow for a lot more cool stuff.
We've been going over the feedback and comments and we're considering everything; some possible features (it's a bit early to tell exactly how this will all fit together, and this is just off the top of my head) include:
- New gametypes
- New islands
- Better UI and menu (we're using a GUI library this time, so expect actual mouse control for the menu)
- Better leaderboard integration (we've noticed and deleted a few glitched/cheated scores... there will be better verification to prevent illegitimate scores)
- Fine-tuned physics and mechanics
- Changes to the art style (we want to keep system reqs minimal, but some changes would be nice)
- Support for other OS's (Linux is likely and OSX is possible)
- A map editor (this is a big maybe, but as the programmer, this is the most exciting feature for me...)
It shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks to get a new release out (after all, the game was originally created in <48 hours), and we'll be posting updates pretty regularly during the development, so stay tuned.
We've also got a couple of other projects that we'll be working on over the summer, so keep a look out for those as well.
Not bad! Graphic-wise, would it be too hard to give us the option for post processing effects, such as bloom reflections and the like? It's a custom built engine so you'd need to program it, that's why I'm asking.
Thanks! It wouldn't be too hard, I've done a good amount of shader work in the past, so something like that is a pretty likely addition.
Sweet. I'm sure with such a low poly count from the islands that these features would be playable on even real old machines.
I love this game and I love you for making it. That is all.
Yay, really looking forward to it. Keep up this great addictive game :)
Still holding the Medium Distance record but I fail so hard at getting a nice amount of score :(
i have some issues here..
Whenever i change settings like Anti Analising , Resolution or Fullscreen and then click on Save Changes , he just erases evry change i made and calls me Anonymus again and evrything ect.
How to selve this Problem ?
Are you running Vista or 7 and using the installation version of the game? If you are, make sure to run the program "as administrator" (right click the IH icon in the start menu and it should be the second thing there). That should solve the problem.
If you're in Vista or 7, try running the game as administrator, or try installing it to somewhere other than program files (program files seems to want to be read-only).
EDIT: Haha, beat me to it.
Thx for both answers and yes im running on Windows 7.
And yes it works now.
Thx for you all =)
yes i would love this hope multiplayer gets added!
No updates yet? :( Really love this game... you should really update it!