Welcome, human friends, orcs and elven scums to the January and February 2020 development log.
Note: All names mentioned in this article refer to the names of people on Rise of Mordor's official Discord server.
Due to the fact that people are busy this time of the year, progress has not been as rapid as before, however there of course are good news in the modelling department. One of our newest member, Manu, has been working on the Sylvan Elves of the Woodland Realm. The 3 tier 3 units have been finished, while the 2 units in tier 4 are currently on the last steps of completion. You will be able to play them in the next update:
The Easterlings also receive some love with the new Loke-Rim Longbow + Arrows by Manu and Mace by Sara Temer:
And finally, the mortal foes of the Sylvan Elves, the brutal Orcs of Dol Guldur, are also being worked on by SlowAnice/Benji. They are still very early WIP, but the models have turned out great:
Database, Bugfixes and Balancing
Now we have come to the boring stuff. In the last 2 months changes have been made to the following areas for database:
- Change spear wall formation so that the AI will make use it now in battle instead of just charging forwards. In addition, when player controlling a spear unit right click on an enemy to attack, the spear unit now move and attack without losing their formation.
- Replay fix: You can now deploy your army and the replay will work as normal instead of crashing Attila like before.
- Fix matched combat: The models will no longer fight 1v1 in combat with multiple models in it, instead now all of them can attack at the same time. Heart attacks are also mostly removed.
- A new combat dynamic with different morale, fatigue effects and abilities' bonuses.
- Fix Sappers' damage and animation bugs.
- Fix Trebuchet animation and first person bugs.
- Increase armour all over the board for medium and heavy.
- Rebalance pikes, halberds and longspears.
- Nerf artillery.
- Move the 3 Easterling Loke Rim units down to tier 3, reduce their stats and cost, and increase number to 160 men per unit.
That's it for now, folks! Tune in next month for more Rise of Mordor news. If you have any question or want to lend a hand to the team to speed up the progress, feel free to drop in our Discord and talk to us. The link to the Discord can be found here: