6 months of hard-working and lot of reset, it’s time to communicate.
Who works on Earthborn: Commander ?
I’m always looking for developers and artists, to join us and make EBC game a reality. It’s a hard and long time work, but it’s a great adventure! If you are interested, if you wish to join us, contact us.
Earthborn Commander is a strategy game, in FPS view. You have to lead your fleet through the stars, and find a refuge for humanity. The gameplay blends fleets management, Sims, FPS Shooter and spatial simulation.
Sanctuary planet's vicinity. Area where humanity is hidden. (In-game footage)
Making a demo
The demo takes place in the Orbus spaceship.
Since the first dev. log (May 2016), we have make 6 different versions of this ship. Each iteration is more functional with more professional render.
Unfortunately each reset, take lot of time, but the actual render is like we want for this game.
Versions of the Orbus spaceship. (In-game footage)
We use several Unity’s plugins for this render:
- Amplify creations (Amplify.pt)
- Excelsior Assets (Alexisfoletto.com)
- Easy Decal (Nu.sycoforge.com)
- Hx Volumetric Lighting (Hitboxteam.com)
- Probuilder (Procore3d.com)
- Sci-Fi Effects (Forge3d.com)
- Surforge (Surforge.com)
Before release this demo, we want be able to:
- Visit the Orbus
- Manage the Orbus and the crew from the bridge
- Control and pilot 1 space fighter
- Fight against 1 enemy’s ship
- Flight in the Sanctuary planet’s vicinity
Unfortunately, we still do not have a release date for this demo. Maybe in 3 to 6 months.
What happened since the last dev. log?
We have reset the Orbus 4 times :-)
We have worked too on the camera's effects, the render and gameplay.
Today, we have finished the milestones:
- Visit the Orbus (User controller)
- Part 1: Manage the Orbus and the crew from the bridge (User UI (HUD) and Control Center V0.1 for interact with elements (computers, buttons, doors, weapons, shatters, etc.))
The next features are:
- Navigation path (fight and flight modules)
- Part 2 : Manage the Orbus and the crew from the bridge (A simple Sims module)
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/jcNorden
Thanks for your support, and see you soon ;)
For fun, more pics...