This detailed changelog includes all changes relevant to players that were made in this mod in comparison to standard OpenRA Dune2k. Applies to all maps with the [d2kA] prefix.
-Sun Tsu says: "If you know yourself and your enemy, you need not fear the course of a hundred battles."
- You will most likely start with a "crane" intsead of an MCV.
- Cranes only have access to a reduced set of structures and cannot make defense turrets or upgrades. But they can undeploy and redeploy unlike MCVs. Produce an MCV later in the game to tech up fully.
- MCV remains unchanged (can build all structures, upgrades and defensive turrets).
- Outposts get an extra build queue for upgrades.
- Palaces get an extra build queue for defensive turrets.
- Build queues do not get a production speed bonus for multiple structures.
- The starport only builds cranes instead of MCVs.
- The starport builds (slightly weaker) mechenary tanks instead of combat tanks.
- The MCV unlocks 3x3 concrete without further requirements.
- The barracks unlocks troopers without further requirements.
- Walls block projectiles again like in RA/TD. Walls can block low-flying artillery shells.
- Rocket turrets now detect stealthed aircraft (not ground units).
- Rocket turrets don't require MCV upgrade anymore.
- Silos recieve an upgrade.
- Outposts recieve an upgrade.
- The palace provides a passive power.
- MCV upgrade removed.
- Upgraded Silos generate (small) continual income.
- Upgraded Outposts provide a power. ("Air Reinforcements")
- All palace superpowers are replaced by new ones.
- Harkonnen-AirReinforcements: Calls in a controllable carryall with 2 sardaukar and 2 missile quads inside.
- Harkonnen-passive: +8000 spice storage and small continual income, auto-repairing walls and turrets.
- Harkonnen-super: Instantly drains all your money. For each 2000 spent this way, a controllable troop transport is called in with 6 sardaukar and 1 combat tank inside.
- Ordos-AirReinforcements: Calls in a controllable carryall with 1 guild agent inside.
- Ordos-passive: Reinforcing carryalls gain stealth, guild agents and saboteurs gain stealth.
- Ordos-super: Calls in a stealth carryall which bombs an area with confusion gas. Confused units will reject orders and fight each other and anyone close to them for 10 seconds.
- Atreides-AirReinforcements: Calls in a controllable carryall with 3 veteran infantry and 2 veteran troopers inside.
- Atreides-passive: Cooldowns of "air strike" and "air reinforcements" powers are reduced by 30%.
- Atreides-super: Summons the "paul atreides" unit anywhere on the map. Paul atreides spawns "Fremen" units from killed buildings and can teleport a small distance and moves stealthed on sand terrain. If he gets eaten by a sandworm, he dies and turns into a wormrider unit which is very powerful and can crush-move everything, but cannot leave sand terrain. The wormrider can also self-destruct to remove all spice in a medium size area.
Units (no price increases or other changes if not mentioned):
- All factions can build the "light thopter" from the high-tech-factory. It is a fast scout with aniti-air-beams. Can only be targeted by rocket turrets, missile tanks and other thopters.
- All faction's siege tanks get +300% range (up to 20), +100% damage on a direct hit and -66% fire rate. Added 4 cell minimum firing range.
- All factions missile tanks can detect stealthed aircraft.
- Atreides cannot build grenadiers anymore.
- Atreides harvesters produced in the heavy factory get a gun turret.
- Atreides trikes get turret-mounted instead of hull-mounted weaponry.
- Atreides heavy factory units start with veterancy.
- Atreides get access to the "loyalist" elite infantry when also having a high-tech-factory and barracks upgrade. It is as fast as a rifleman and has a strong anti-tank rocket weapon.
- Atreides get access to the "propaganda corps" elite infantry when also having a palace and barracks upgrade. It has an aura that prevents allied infantry from going prone. Exits at the palace.
- Harkonnen harvesters produced in the heavy factory can load 30% more spice than other harvesters.
- Harkonnen trike chassis gets replaced with a quad chassis (+22% HP).
- Harkonnen get access to the "troop crawler" light vehicle when also having a barracks and light factory upgrade. It can transport 8 infantry (excluding engineers, saboteurs and paul atreides).
- Harkonnen missile tanks get burst fire (2 missiles) and ~tripled reload time.
- Harkonnen siege tank gets burst fire (4 shells) and ~quadrupled reload time.
- Harkonnen get access to the "assassin" elite infantry when also having a high-tech-factory and barracks upgrade. It is a sniper infantry which gains stealth while holding position in rough terrain (grey cursor).
- Harkonnen "sardaukar" elite infantry available now when also having a palace and barracks upgrade. Gets a instant death close combat attack and is uncrushable by vehicles. 37% price increase. Exits at the palace now.
- Ordos harvesters produced in the heavy factory are not targeted by sandworms.
- Ordos can build missile tanks at the heavy factory as well.
- Ordos missile tanks get turret-mounted instead of hull-mounted weaponry.
- Ordos siege tanks get turret-mounted instead of hull-mounted weaponry.
- Ordos "saboteur" elite infantry can now be built at the barracks when also having a high-tech-factory and barracks upgrade. The demolition charge has a 5 second delay now and will destroy carryall+harvester if timed right.
- Ordos get access to the "guild agent" elite infantry when also having a palace and barracks upgrade. It has stealth, even when moving, as long as the ordos palace is not destroyed. It reveals the last produced unit on enemy structures and whether or not an upgrade for that building has allready been purchased. Exits at the palace.
- Fremen now only move stealthed on sand terrain. (not on rock and rough terrain)