It’s been a while and many updates since I posted a new article. So here is an overview of the most recent and important improvements to Mayhem In Single Valley. The demo feels really stable now - so if you haven't tried it out yet now would be a pretty good time to do so. Thanks for all the feedback so far.
Happy Gaming - Brian
- Added load from previous checkpoint option.
- Game auto loads from checkpoints instead of returning to main menu after dying.
- Item selector sprite changed to a hand.
- Currently held items and equipped items now appear with a bounce animation when selected.
- Item name box added to inventory.
- Inventory size reduced by one row when bag is equipped.
- Added animating sprite hint to find passport objective.
- The demo now AutoSaves when new quests are activated and after more involved objectives are completed.
- Clauses added to restrict opening menus opening during in game animation sequences, which caused buggy behavior.
- Minor performance tweaks and added new story clauses.
- Beating opening dream game makes getting out of bed a lot easier (more bonuses will be added for full game).
- Updated to Unity 5.6.1.
- Lots of minor performance tweaks and added new story clauses
- Added lots of safety clauses to stabilize menus especially for loading and saving scenarios.
- Fixed broken spider mini quest.
- Stabilised the visual and auditory headache effects, which could be inconsistent in strength/appearance when loading from a previous, save.
- Dialogue clause added to protect follow up functions from being overridden.
- Fixed bug where you could not pick up savings if bedroom wardrobe is in contact with objects such a crumpled soda can.
- Fixed bug where game hints failed to display in opening minigame if starting using the continue button when no saves have been created.
- Save files now go the local app directory to avoid using old save files in new builds, which can cause issues if updates contain new features etc..
- Fixed bug where quest was not activated if you interacted with treehouse window quickly after the treehouse cinematic.
- Bug that stopped player from entering doors after dad beer quest fixed.
- Saving/loading while carrying Baby Bro player speed fixed.
- Audio not starting from correct position on load fixed.
- Lots of minor bug fixes and code optimizations.