The demo is released on the 6th of October, development of the final version will continue. It is likely that it will only be finished in 2015.
There are 6 maps that are still in unfinished state. Screenshots will not be shared for a while until they reach their almost-final form. The themes are:
- Church: Big, open, dark areas with chasing moments, elevator access.
- Mansion2: Modern house environment with hidden passages, guest-rooms, offices, big living room. This grants access to the last map of the demo.
- Sewer: The broken elevator will force the player to explore the sewers under the estate. Unlike the original game, you'll be bothered with the waterlurkers for quite a long time.
- Cellar/Machine room area: The soul of the place, where the main machinery is taking place. I want a bossfight like event here. Mixed with modern machine parts with a usual TDD styled cellar area
- Outside: Streets, forest. This is in very early state, the story also isn't totally finished.
Some things about the story:
It will involve a company that's working on a new invention, which has only one power source: humans. Using jails as a supplier they work peacefully under the control of the government, making money on the victim's lives. But there's a moment when the machine wakes on consciousness, feeding on the suffering and pain the prioners had to go through.. and unleash the punishment to all who was involved. The otherwordly nightmare that leaves no one alive.
Unlike the demo, the final version will contain all the notes and audiorecords that are important in understanding the story.