In this devlog, version 0.2.2.0 is available and what does 2021 bring for Child Arms?
𝕹ew version of the demo now available!
It's been around 2 months since I last updated the devlog. In that time, I've been busy trying to figure out how to get a player base going for the game. But I can't leave the game alone for too long, now can I? That's why I've been tinkering with the game every now and again. So now, present to you guys version 0.2.2.0.
Various bug fixes, alterations, and additions have been included to the updated version. The additions are in the hopes the game can be much more easily understood and easy to pick up.
Here is a list of all the changes in the new update.
- New song to Tutorial and Discipline training
- Weapons highlight when a player is about to attack
- Outlines to shadows that you can edit
- Screen shake during attacks
- Information about outline and shadow alpha
- Chapters to tutorial
- Shortcut keys to training
- Time spent on the game is now displayed on main menu
- Opponent in Tutorial now uses second default color
- Secret password
- Escudo's stab attack now counts the recovery frames during training
- Marker doesn't go over Master difficulty point in the Difficulty screen
- Fixed oversight where Pause menu appears during victory
- Secondary button no longer escapes to main menu during editing of the shadow from the options menu
- Fixed escape bug from Tutorials
- Fixed In-Game option bug not returning to the main menu with the secondary button
- Fix bug where timer counts down in Practice
- Fixed bug where you can still select n/a in color editor for Enro
- Fixed Bug where opponent in Tutorial will twitch if hit
But of course, this is only the beginning as there is still much to do to the game. Plans are being made for production in 2021 and I predict that almost every playable character will be done by the end of that year. One or two of the playable characters may leak over to 2022 but I am hoping that we can come up with a method of getting all the characters done so we can have, spoilers: (the remaining two bosses finished by summer of 2022). Though there is a possibility that the game may actually come out by 2023 due to the remainder of the artwork such as endings and mini-games. I really desire to have this game come out by late 2022 but it may just be possible that we can end up being pushed into 2023. But for now, let's just see how things go.
Make sure to also follow the progress of the game on social media. And come join us at the Discord server where even more updates will be made on a constant basis.
And don't forget to download the demo
And wishlist on Steam