Build 2.5d for dedicated servers not only brings some important fixes and gameplay changes, it also adds some features meant for competitive play and clan matches. There isn't needed any client update to enjoy this version, just an updated server.
changelog wrote: - Alternative clothes give +25% capture loot reward, no matter if player was carrier or protector.
- Whiskey jug starts with x2.0 regeneration rate in Bounty, Coop and FoD-1 crate modes.
- Notoriety gained due combat increased 15-20%
- Carrier speed in 1 chest mode is decreased -20% to enforce combat. There's a small respawn penalization mainly to avoid players respawning alone. However they respawn closer to carrier than in previous versions, making this mode more appealing.
- Fixed incorrect notoriety in log events
- Fixed incorrect winning team displayed sometimes
- Fixed server crash when server admin attempted to chat in Bounty mode
- Fixed issue which prevented players from facing the objectives correctly when respawning
- Improved server stability, several related fixes included
Tournament mode, cvar fof_tournament enables several features meant for clan matches and competitive playing in general:
- notoriety restart after each round
- cvar fof_notorietyrate allows to customize how much notoriety gives each action (a multiplier for each action, actually), setting it to 0 disables any increase. Only works if tournament mode is enabled.
- Starting notoriety can be customized more freely (15-75 range)
- no maximum notoriety limit
- no random objectives
Regarding future updates, we are preparing several things, still soon to talk about them. For the moment check this amazing horse model made by Brad Myers, the same artist who brought to life our mexican bandit. There was horse poo in some maps and no horses around, odd isn't it? Problem fixed! Note that horses will be just animated props, and there is no plan to do other thing with them unless some major change of plans happens.