As promised, new video up, watch it first, then read here. If you're too lazy to click,
obvious spoilers ahead.
# NEW FEATURES IN 2.0 #
- Stamina: Yes indeed. It restores if you stand still, lie, sit, it drops if you sprint, jump, attack or parry. At 0 stamina your movement will be impaired (you will know that yourself when it will happen, because IT WILL happen)
- Poison: Bloodflies will poison you, and you will treat them with more respect now that they're potentially deadly.
- New Items: Shields & Offhand weap WEAPON AND SHIELD COMBAT AND DUAL WIELDING COMBAT
- Two-Handed "heavy" weapons, such as Axes and Hammers, will have their own animations for both Fighter Stance and Master stance, more brutal and effective attacks.
- Critical strikes: Remember them? Well, they're back. One handed weapons/Two handed swords and axes will deal damage based on the hero's strength, when two handed maces will deal a little less damage but knock the opponent down
- Resistance Tweaks: Armor resistances are now lowered, enemies will do A LOT more MINIMUM damage (meaning no 0 damage if you have 300 resist against goblin attacks, they will still deal damage)
- New/Old Meshes for POTIONS, FOOD, PLANTS and some misc items
- NEW Armors/some new weapons
- Ice/Fire/Poison effects added to certain weapons (visual fx toned down a lot from last screenshots)
- Better environmental weather, meaning darker nights, (redder?) evenings and so on (very cool)
- Gothic 1 Music is back
That's about it guys, that is EVERYTHING I EVER DREAMED OF in Gothic. So no more gameplay updates, just screenshots/teases of some late-game quests I'm working on.
I want to take a moment to personally thank everyone who partecipated actively here, on themodders.org and on any other platform I've ever posted in. Without your kind words, your appreciations, comments and feedback, I would probably still be a nostalgic G1 player who wanted to create something for G2 but never had the guts to do it. A special thanks goes to BGB1, Avallach, Splash and LeHona.
THANK YOU. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
(and ffs spread the damn video around!)