Dark Salvation v1.0.7 Released
Well, well, it is never too late for an update. :)
It has literally been 8 years since Dark Salvation was originally released and received a few updates.
I stopped production under Mangled Eye Studios years ago but always enjoyed receiving feedback from people who have played the game. While the game was originally designed to be very hard, for most of the feedback I received is that it was kind of too hard. At least when first starting off.
So after 8 years of not ever touching the game, I've decided to do one final update to the game which now brings Dark Salvation up to v1.0.7 and will be the final update for good. I've made a major overhaul in the difficulty and some other level adjustments to make for a better experience.
Something else I've always had that never was released are topdown map layouts for some of the levels. These show where the Start, Exit, Teleporters and Weapons are located. I've posted some examples below.
If you haven't yet tried the game you can now obtain it through the Itch.io storefront. As always I appreciate your support. I'm looking forward to releasing my next game and like the saying goes, the next game will be released "when it is done".
Map Layout Samples
Complete Update List
- Made some adjustments to player damage for environmental hazards and enemies.
- Made some map adjustments to darks01, darks04, darks04b, darks05, darks05b, secret-level3, secret-level3b.
- Made some adjustments to wall ladder textures so they can be noticed better.
- Fixed a few map bug issues as well as made a few adjustments in darks01, darks05-ent, darks05b-ent, darks06 and darks06b.
- Fixed Save/Load states where the save and load menu buttons were not functioning.
- Fixed TAB completion bug that crashed the game when trying to TAB complete a console command.
- Fixed allowing players to select the Bloodreaper weapon while cycling through weapons.
- Cleaned up some more unused cvars.