Cycles3D is a game where you pilot a futuristic motorcycle that creates large walls around other motorcycles to force them to crash into your wall. This alpha release comes with two modes of play:
- Single player versus AI
- Multiplayer (humans only)
Check out these download links!
And these screenshots:
Though most gamers will easily recognize the look and feel of Cycles3D, what makes this project unique is its development cycle and purpose. Rather than following the traditional release cycle of a video game, Cycles3D instead has these goals:
- A sample project for Unity developers to tinker with for network development or whatever else.
- A lesson in managing an open source project.
- A project for seasoned Unity developers to use in teaching others good development practices.
- A lesson in network development.
- A lesson in plug-in and user customization development.
- A sandbox for AI developers to write their own plug-ins to control the cycles and take each other on with.
Feel free to leave any feedback. (P.S. I know the game controls really need work).