Instant messaging in a nation simulation game? Oh yes we did. Pushing the envelope is something that we pride ourselves in doing. ;)
With the brand new instant messaging system, players will be able to communicate with each other in-game. Since there are so many ‘mini-features’ within this update, we’ll simply iterate through the highlights in a bullet list..
- Players can message one another from any page within the game.
- Players instantly send and receive messages without refreshing!
- Users can block those who are pestering them. They can be unblocked, too…
- Change availability: Online, busy, offline. (Offline means that chat can be turned off while playing.)
- Set status message.
- Enable/disable message sounds.
- Enable/disable push notifications.
- Clear chat history.
- Hundreds of emojis. Just like the iPhone!
- Group chat in public / password protected / invite only channels.
- Move group chat window around screen while playing.
- Full screen chat option.
The only issue that we’re experiencing right now is that the chat experience is sub-par on mobile devices. A $249 upgrade on the plugin that makes this possible will fix this issue in the future. In the meantime, we’ll stick to what we’ve got. Stay tuned for more!