:: BnB ::
dev :: Commander Rad
tools :: Love2D, Maya, Spine, Photoshop,
web :: twitter.com/GamesBreakfast
+ Spent some time thinking about how to implement roads efficiently
+ Three-layer pathing added (vid). Pathing pretty quick on medium-sized maps
- Now there's a grid of 1 cell, grid of 10 cells, and grid of 100 cells, and the pathfinding utilizes all three.
- Huge maps now take quite a long time to load, since it needs to pre-load the entire map once
- RAM usage is now the main limiting factor for map size, Luagit can only manage 2 Gs of RAM. We need to make our own memory management system in future.
- After loading a map, placing structures and editing the terrain will only require re-initializing a small map chunk. So that's no big deal.
+ Due to the issues mentioned above, we're limiting map size in version 0.02 to 500x500,
- in future versions we plan on solving these problems and bumping the map size up to 2000 x 2000.
+ Basic structure building now functionally restored.
- There are still graphical issues like floating buildings and clipping into terrain.
+ Restoring minimap functionality and fixing building structures is next.
+ Version 0.01 released and is available here: Balancedbreakfast.itch.io
+ Here is the current music playlist for anyone that wants a listen:
+ playlist: Soundcloud.com