About the 20th Anniversary version.
New version of Blade of Light mod to Honor the 20 years since the release of Blade of Darkness.
First versions of Blade of Light was developed five years ago on a laptop with a mid-range GPU playing at 1280x720.The visual results of the mod were based on that resolution.
Playing in 2021 with a powerful GPU at 1920x1440 the image processing wasn't scaling properly. I decided to create a new version better suited for modern machines.
v2.0 20th Anniversary
- Better tonemapping. No Bright Lights Clipping. Sky and Fog don't Clip on brightest levels.
- Dynamic lighting adjustments. Exposure adaptation fine tuned to react with amount of lighting in the scene.
- Bloom levels dynamically adjusted for dark/light areas.
- Cleaner image. removed noise and other image processing shaders. Image quality over texture sharpening.
- Newer DOF shader (Marty McFly). Tuned behavior and curves for better clarity. Player always in focus on farthest cameras. Slightly de-focused when close to camera. The rest of scene focus dynamically based on center of screen (above char head). If you want to focus at something point the center of screen at it. Locked enemies will be in focus.
- Overall color correction tweaked to have the best experience through all different game maps.