Beta First Impressions:
1.) The game is REALLY well polished for a beta. Much better than that Charlie Foxtrot we had for the BF3 beta.
3.) There's now a Lean and Peek system (finally). It doesn't work as well as I'd like, but my fingers are crossed that that will constantly be improved until it becomes a viable option and will work as well as it did in Far Cry 3.
4.) VOIP IS BACK!
5.) UI improvements all around. It's still not perfect, but it's better than what we had in the past.
6.) Most of the Levolution stuff is really subtle and doesn't add as much to the game as I would've hoped.
7.) The graphics improvements are there, but they're small improvements. Things I've noticed were Sunshafts, (REALLY Subtle, like you only see them when it's dusty sort of subtle. Much more refined than Crysis' beautiful ridiculousness.) More animations, Improved draw distance, and Per-Pixel motion blur (Unlike that atrocious Per Object Motion Blur in BF3) Supposedly there are supposed to be more improvements like Bokeh DOF and more Dynamic Lights with shadows, but I never saw them.
8.)Massive maps. You can play through an entire round without even seeing the other side of the map, and still win the round with a high squad score.
9. I haven't been able to counter knife yet after getting knifed about half a dozen times, so don't expect that it'll be much of a crutch.
10. I think the rotor blades are lethal now. My idiot pilot jumped out of our helicopter and when I bailed, the first thing I saw was his dead body falling with me, arms and legs trailing comically behind him.
11. There's a much greater consequence for death this time around. You risk losing the support bonuses your squad has stacked up if your squad gets eliminated, and vanilla Reinforcement spawn time has been doubled.
12. High powered Anti-material rifles are map pickups and cannot be holstered. They also have a range finder built in now.
13. Even with VOIP, communication with 31 other people you don't know is as abysmal as ever. Oh well.
14. Support now can have an airburst projectile gun in place of C4 or a Mortar. Seems like giving the lead wall a smart shotgun is a bit OP, but someone a bit better at Support would have to judge that. I couldn't get a kill with it.
15. The game runs really well. The GTX600 series is going out of date, but my GTX670 had no problem running the game, and it defaulted to Ultra settings. Someone else in my match complained that the game was a frame hog, but the game ran like butter for me.
15. POINT AT ALL THE THINGS! Youtube.com