I spent the last days with improving the current beta test version of Monkeys & Dragons. I want to thank all beta testers who sent me e-mails in the last days. The feedback was very positive and I thank you for all the ideas you sent me. Many suggestions are already part of this update.
If you want to get a free copy of Monkeys & Dragons to beta test it, your next chance is here on IndieDB!
Chapter 2 is going to be published next week.
- Added support for Steam Cloud
- The quest journal lists all tasks you need to do for the current chapter.
- When advancing to a new chapter, the unlocked scenes are displayed.
- The map in the Souvenir Shop now has the same Pixel Art style as the shop.
- After using certain one-use objects in the world, they can now longer be examined or used.
- There is a new option to use always white dialog texts. This is meant to support color blind people.
- Dan gives now two rewards after completing his task. In case you played the game before this update, you will get the item before you need it. Don't worry!
- When controls are locked during cutscenes, a proper text is displayed at the top of the screen.
- Improved mouse behaviour when moving the mouse cursor over different types of discoverable objects.
- The game version and copyright information in the main menu are now displayed larger and in Pixel Art style.
- The game is now started in fullscreen by default.
- A problem that could cause game crashes has been fixed.
- The main menu showed the wrong game version number.
- It was possible to collect one item in two different scenes. Now, you can only collect it once - in any of these scenes.
- It was possible to interrupt the sequence in which you defeat the spearmaster.
- The interactions with the spearmaster looked odd with certain fullscreen resolutions.
- Movement animations for the Beautiful Woman and the Monkey were wrong for certain fullscreen resolutions.
- The overlay animations could be have the wrong size, if the screen resolution changed while playing the game.
- It was possible to use a certain item combination twice, although it should only be possible once.
- FIxed several typos