Last week, the first 75 beta testers gained access to Monkeys & Dragons. Today, I want to publish the first update of the pre-Early Access version of the game. More updates will follow soon. Your next chance to beta test Monkeys & Dragons and to get a free copy of the game is next here week on IndieDB!
The patch notes below are as generic as possible to avoid spoilers!
- New sound effects were added to various scenes, e.g. when using the shovel or when you advance to the next chapter.
- The duration of one of the rat's animations has been increased.
- The description of the city's gate has been changed to City centre
Dialogs & Puzzles
- When talking to Dan or the spearmaster more than once, their initial monologue is shorter.
- The name of one object in the spearmaster estate has been changed to give a hint how to defeat her.
- The game does auto-save whenever you enter a new scene.
- When you walk away from an object you just examined, any visible texts becomes hidden.
- The display duration of the chapter advancement screen has been slightly reduced.
- You could get multiple rewards from Dan after talking to him several times after solving his task.
- Fixed two typos in dialog texts