Just a quick word to let everyone know whats been happening.
Ive recently re-started working on Beta 7, the next update for A World of Ice and Fire. You will probably notice the Beta tag and not an Alpha tag. This is because ive decided not to add any more features now until the game is complete. I will polish the current features, expanding them where necessary and fix any bugs present. I will also make sure everything's changed to the correct setting to give everyone that authentic Game of Thrones experience.
I think everyone will agree alot of stuff was added to the last Alpha 6, though it broke quite a few things, alot of bugs were present and made for an interesting play through. I propose to change this in the Beta 7 and get all, if not at least as many bugs as possible squashed. This will allow you to play uninterrupted and to fully experience the mod so far. I may also throw in a few extra goodies, like new companions, scenes or armours.
Here's the current changelog of the Beta 7 with confirmed bug fixes.
- Various text bugs fixed/re-written
- Changed some books in the book merchants so they are not holding the same
- New dialogue written for Crastos
- Fixed insulting priest of Rhllor giving dodgy rep deductions.
- Various menu bugs fixed.
- The Kingsguard correctly join the player if they take Kings Landing. Bare in mind you may have to wait a day or two for them to switch allegiance.
- Fixed/added more factionalized items.
- correctly added Malaquo Maegyr.
- Removed some duplicated items and troops.
- Removed/altered lots of conflicting scene props.
- Fixed/Changed a load of duplicate/wrongly referenced strings.
- fixed various missing/white textures inc all Greyjoy armours.
- Adjusted tourny prizes to be more inline with the period.
- Fixed some problems with Varys quest line.
- Fixed dialogue with companions, including not being able to equip them.
- Adjusted equipment for arena fighters.
- Some small fixes to Kingdom Relations.
- Fixed that pesky spy bug.
- Fixed campaign map party flags not being in the correct place.
- Some fixes to the Nights Watch dialogues incase that faction gets defeated.
- Various menu bugs fixed.
- Code refactoring and lots of changes 'under the hood'.
- Wildlings, The Nights Watch and The Dothraki dont have caravans.
- Added Bear Island as a castle and assigned correct Lord/Lady.
- Changed Castle Black to a town and The Wall to a castle. (scenes still need to be completed).
- Various other code fixes.
As you can see the bulk of the bugs are already fixed. If there is anything in particular you would like to see fixed then please head over to our forums and post a thread indicating the bug/problem.
Please don't ask when it will be released. I will release it when its finished, though that depends on time. I have for instance around 8 new scenes to add, though they are all unfinished, they need AI mesh, Agent spawn points and a siege scene. This alone could take me a month to complete.
If you would like to see this version finished quicker and think you can help, then please do get in touch! Finishing scenes is something that would lend a huge hand.
For anything else, questions, suggestions etc, please head over to our forums @ www.aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums
As a little reminder, the wiki also needs updating if anyones upto the challenge. The wiki link can be found at the top of our forums.