Where are you guys? By that I mean when I requested help prioritizing features by fan demand, where were your comments. I got ONE in over a week, and still just ONE total.
So, in the absence of any weigh-able feedback, I used suggestions from the ONE that I received. It suggested more trade, finishing the universe, and adding a starmap. I also added some other cool features that will impress you and actually add far more than ever to the universe.
Here are the features in ASOD 0.4 so far....
- Random NPC Pirate encounters were added, and scaled by system. This should make trade harder.
- A new trade route, but it is the longest one readily apparent so far.
- Piracy is now viable (as in blowing up NPC traders) as a money maker.
- Some new indicators were added.
Planned in 0.4.....
These features are planned in version 0.4 at release time...
- Star map, there will not be an in-system map, only a starmap. Reason: The overview design means you do not need an in-system map.
- NPCs will finally be able to warp between points, but this will be limited so you can still kill them.
- I will TRY (try is keyword, it is hard as I have failed 3 times before!) to add NPC vs NPC combat. This is extremely hard to do.
- Researcher NPCs.
This is a complex project, and I am all alone doing it. I believe I am pushing a quality product, especially for free, and it will be very cool when completed. If you are wondering why I am not adding new systems, it is because I'm using the 6 I have now to lay the bricks for the entire universe. Once these basic features are implemented, I will add the other systems and it will not take long. Be patient, and please send feedback. A world without feedback is a pointless one after all.
In addition, the project needs music. If you want to make all the difference in the world, you will create and send 15-30 second loopable sounding music clips for the game. I am working on an audio switcher that will change the music based on the player's activities/situation.