San Diego, CA – October 19, 2012 – The KickStarter Campaign for Ars Magica: Years of Conquest is now available at Kickstarter.com! The Campaign will run until November 18th, 2012.
Years of Conquest is based on Atlas Games’ award-winning Ars Magica role-playing game, and features a full century of simulation gameplay in a fantastic and magical Medieval setting. A faithful rendition of the original game, Years of Conquest incorporates the full Fifth Edition rules, including the legendarily powerful and flexible magic system.
The player must build their own Covenant in a time of invasion and strife and protect it from influences both within and without, if they are to attain the dizzying heights of magical power. For the first time in the 25 year history of Ars Magica, players are invited to discover the secrets of House Diedne, a powerful and enigmatic House facing total destruction.
- 100 years of gameplay, from 1000-1100 A.D.
- Cast powerful Spells, in any portion of the game
- Plan, build and upgrade your defenses, village and laboratory
- A unique combat engine in which the environment plays as significant a role as the opponents
- Research magic, create powerful artifacts and leave a legacy
- Interact with a cast of hundreds
- Protect your Covenfolk as they live, grow, work, play and pass on to the next generation
- Interact with Knut, William the Conqueror and the First Crusade
- Make difficult judgments, each leading you one step closer to an ultimate destiny
KickStarter pledges containing the full game begin at $20, and the game, if funded, is expected to launch Q2 2014.
About Ars Magica: Years of Conquest
Ars Magica: Years of Conquest is a PC simulation and role-playing game intended for audiences ages 16+. Our games reward relationship building, exploration and strategy, and encourage the player to role-play their own unique story.
About Black Chicken Studios
Black Chicken Studios is an independent developer of video games, including Academagia: The Making of Mages, and 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum. They specialize in deep, immersive, and unique simulation role-playing video games. With their next-generation proprietary adventure engine, Black Chicken Studios has secured a license to the Ars Magica RPG for development as a PC video game.
About Atlas Games
In 1990, Atlas Games' very first product was Tales of the Dark Ages, a collection of licensed adventures for Ars Magica. Five years later, Atlas acquired ownership of the game itself, and has since released two editions of the core rulebook and dozens of supplementary books. Ars Magica Fifth Edition won an Origins Award for Best Role Playing Game, and a Gold ENnie for Best Rules. Besides tabletop role-playing games, Atlas is known for card games such as Gloom, Once Upon A Time and Lunch Money.