Hi Galactic Survivalists!
Christmas is around the corner and so is Alpha 7.5! We use the same procedure as every update by releasing the first version as an Experimental build.
Why did we skip version 7.4? Because the current version will not only add bugfixes or a few changes, like the second step of the ammo rebalancing (bringing the materials used more in line with the type and damage values of the weapon), but also adds a few completely news features: Solar Energy, Sell-to-Trader and O2-conserving force fields! This alone deserves the honorable .5 version tag! :)
And that’s not all: because we want to open up the game beyond choosing the difficulty settings at game start, Alpha 7.5 will add a new config file, which will allow you to change all relevant parameters for almost all blocks/items/templates/entities used in the game!
Apart from the new features and mechanics, we added a lot of new and updated models - from ATM up to our new Zirax warriors - rebalanced even more templates, and made a lot of other changes as well.
Please find all changes and additions in the changelog below.
As a side note, if you want to know more about the Zirax and some of the other factions, visit our new FACTIONS OF EMPYRION overview: Empyriongame.com
Now, have fun playing and do not forget to pick up some delicious Akua Sparkling Wine (demi-sec, Class 2480) for your christmas and end-of-year celebrations ;-)
- As always, please report bugs and issues right here: Empyriononline.com
- Our Feature Survey 2018 is still active and can be voted here: Survey.empyriongame.com
- Thank you in advance for also voting for Empyrion in the INDIE of the year awards: Indiedb.com (vote is closing tomorrow evening)
Please note, that with the release of the public version of Alpha 7.5 (end of next week, if everything goes accordingly), we will wipe ALL of our official servers: Empyriononline.com
Changelog: Alpha Experimental 7.5.0 (Build 1409)
- Added solar panels (horizontal and sloped)
- Added capacitor (solar) to manage the electricity of the solar panels and store the electrical energy for use during the night or bad weather
- Solar panels & capacitor (solar) are currently only usable for bases (Space and planet)
FEEDBACK & DISCUSSION: Empyriononline.com
How Solar Energy works:
- The algorithm calculates the amount of sun-rays that will hit the solar panel for a certain placement during the day. The placement affects their efficiency (see factors listed below)
- The mean efficiency during a whole day cycle (influenced by the placement of the solar panel) is displayed on the left side of the panel frame with up to four green LED lights.
- The current efficiency of the solar panel (influenced by day/night, weather etc) is displayed on the right side of the panel frame with up to four yellow LED lights.
- If solar panels produce more electricity than currently needed, the surplus energy is stored in the Capacitor (Solar) block like in a battery.
- To display the surplus of energy (or the “energy reserve”), there is now a battery icon in the main page of Control Panel that shows the current content of the battery.
- Note: conventional generators (fuel driven) do not store excess power in the battery!
Factors that will increase or reduce the efficiency on a PLANET:
- Placement behind an obstacle (tree, stone, base, mountain etc) leads to a reduced efficiency
- Stronger Light Intensity on the playfield increases efficiency on a global scale (parameter: DayLightIntensity in playfield.yaml).
- Light Intensities overall impact on the efficiency is influenced by the weather condition in a second step: eg when it is cloudy or raining, light intensity effect decreases and thus also efficiency of panel
- Angle of panel towards sun: best efficiency when sun hits perpendicular on panel (eg on equator a flat solar panel lying on ground will have highest efficiency at noon, while a sloped solar panel close to pole while be better)
- AtmosphereDensity: higher density = less overall efficiency
- AtmosphereDensity is modified by latitude! Example: If the position of the Solar Panel is closer to the poles, it is less efficient for the same AtmosphereDenisty factor, because sun travels through more atmosphere than on equator.
- Ground fog reduces efficiency
Factors that will increase or reduce the efficiency in SPACE:
- Angle of panel towards sun: best efficiency when sun hits perpendicular on panel
- Distance of sun: the further the orbit playfield is away from sun, the lower the efficiency (eg lower efficiency in Ningues orbit than Aestus orbit)
- Added possibility to sell items to Trader NPC
- Added simple price dynamics depending on items in stock of trader. (eg. price will drop if you repeatedly sell items to the trader. Price will rise if you repeatedly buy from a trader)
- Updated TraderNPCConfig.ecf:
* Adjusted all prices for Ore, Ingots, Weapons and Tools
* Reduced price for Boosters and other Equipment
* Reduced price for most of the Food and Health items
* Selling/Purchase prices are more dynamic (min-max ranges)
Better modding support:
- We added a config file that allows you to change all relevant parameters for almost all blocks/items/templates/entities used in the game. For example, you can change the damage value of the minigun etc. We will provide more detailed information about the parameters soon.
- The config file can be found here:
...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration\Config_Example.ecf
- To activate it, rename Config_Example.ecf into Config.ecf.
Please note: the config currently cannot be included in a scenario, but needs to be placed in the main folder as described.
FEEDBACK & DISCUSSION: Empyriononline.com
Added airtight local force fields:
- We added airtight force fields in different sizes
- The forcefields keep O2 inside your base. They do not work as a hitpoint barrier (planned for a future iteration)
Sync of playfield instances:
- The new Instance Sync gives you a better possibility to create very unique and complex instances / missions since the portals are now synced over the network and not local anymore.
For example allows it now to point to individual portals from two individual planets to one instance (not possible before). That way two Origins can try to compete against each other and return to their planets independently.
Improved Difficulty Settings:
- Added food and oxygen consumption speed to difficulty settings (SP, dedi and local coop): you can now even disable food and oxygen consumption
- Tweaked Difficulty Window layout
- Added Christmas Tree (found under “Artificial Plants (Deco)”)
- Added “Akua Sparkling Wine, demi-sec, Class 2480” (also in start equipment SP; available from traders of Market Cafe, bars and all food-selling places)
- Added new model for Zirax NPC (with size and style variations)
- Added new model for Scifi-style Bunk Bed (found under “Furnishings (Deco)”)
- Added new logo (Earth faction) to symbols
- Added single and double corner lights
Visuals / Audio:
- Updated models for trading station and ATM
- Better screen texture for Cockpit CV and Open Cockpit SV
- Added new particle effect for NPC crew destruction
- Updated model for corn dog + added proper harvest stage for snow version
- Added more ambient music (Resurgence, Reaver, Adrift, 2473): Thanks to Alex
- More size variations for Golems (Ice, Swamp, Desert)
- Added better sound when opening PDA
- Better default color for open cockpits
- Tweaked glass on Clone Chamber and Medic Station
- Added Fiber to templates (made from Wood Logs)
- Added NCPowder (made from Fiber; used as a propellant for any bullet/projectile-driven ammo, instead of Promethium)
- Slightly brighter nights on planets
- HUD names show allied structures of other factions now in green
- Capacitor Device: Removed Flux Coil, Reduced Oscillator and Steel Plates
- Color / Texture / Multi Tool: Removed Mechanical Components
- Laser Rifle: Reduced PowerCoil
- Plasma Cannon: Reduced Oscillator, Zascosium Alloy
- Moved tech level of Small Generator and Fuel Tank (T1) to level 3
- Adjusted templates of fuel tanks (BA, CV) and generators (BA, CV) to better reflect the technical progression/increasing capabilities
- Removed Promethium from all bullet/projectile ammo; added NCPowder as a propellant instead
- Small-to-mid-size caliber (handheld weapon) ammo templates now made from a mix of copper, steel, plastic and NCPowder (Pistol Round, Rifle Round, Shotgun Shell, Sniper Rifle Round, Miningun Round)
- All rocket ammo needs Magnesium Powder
- All laser- and plasma-based ammo is made from Pentaxid and Plastic
- Output of most ammo types has been adjusted, based on the overall availability/scarcity of the used materials and the changed templates
Added alternative terrains:
- We added alternative terrains for most of the handmade planets (e.g NewAlien_V2, NewLava_V2, NewDesert_V2, NewTemperate_V2, NewBarren_V2, NewDesert2_V2, NewSnow_V2).
These terrains are activated when choosing odd-numbered seeds
- Added "Back" button (Disconnect from Server and go back to Server Browser)
- Added “Back” arrow button to starter planet selection to toggle starter planets back and forth
- Some layout tweaks to windows "Choose Starting Planet" and "New Game"
- Several optimizations, e.g. less lags when moving over terrain and better scheduling of tasks (less CPU spiking)
- PDA message boxes can now also be closed via ESC key
- AutoMinerDepletion is now set to False in dedicated.yaml per default
- Updated Localization.csv and PDA Tutorial Localization (e.g. added Russian language for PDA: Thanks to Sergei)
- Somewhat relaxed timing of playfield server starting, especially when another pf server has just been asked to load playfield data
- Headshot multiplier are displayed again
- Removed "Compress" button in Resume Game Window
- Free camera mode is not active anymore per default when sitting on motorbike (you have to enable it with Left Alt)
- Larger colliders for Light Lantern and Worklight 02 to make it easier to interact with
- Updated EAC to latest release 17-11-15
- Fixed: Early crashing playfield servers could lead to the situation that the dedi never starts another playfield server again
- Fixed: Allied turrets shots on private vessels of allied faction members
- Fixed: Problem that players were sometimes ejected immediately from an instance
- Fixed: Steam workshop upload issue (now display Steam Workshop problems to player)
- Fixed: Small bug with jetpack thrusters staying on
- Possible Fix: Distant terrain missing chunk
- Fixed: Stretched textures on preview box of blueprints
- Fixed: 'Ungrouped' group Active switch when resuming a save game causing some devices to be turned off.
- Fixed: Jetpack thruster pointing downwards were not active in Creative mode when hovering in air
- Fixed: Errors in some situations in Build Settings Window
- Fixed: Corrupt ply file in a savegame prevented the Resume Game window to be shown
- Fixed: POI Xenu Weapon Bunker did not spawn on Masperon
- Fixed: Wrong constructor output grid size
- Fixed: Problem that light was shining through walls behind light
- Fixed: Random error when loading game
- Fixed: Performance problem with grass
- Fixed: Exiting a open cockpit can sometimes place the avatar outside or into close by blocks.
- Fixed: Problem that emissive of some light blocks did not become dark without power
- Fixed: Autominer with 0 source quality giving stacks of 999 ores for free
- Fixed: Overbright material on indoor plants
- Fixed: Problem that Gravity Generator on platform in Creative Omicron Orbit was not active (player could not move)
Updated Empyrion Admin Helper tool
Patch notes - 126.96.36.199 (only working with Alpha 7.5!)
Please turn off AutoBan for the first few minutes to see if everything works fine. If you don't get messages about cheaters that are not correct, then turn on AutoBan again. Since some Item-MaxAmmo was reduced this could cause cheater warnings if you continue your 7.3 save game until all player moved/replaced their items! We STRONGLY recommend to turn on AutoBan in general!
- Added: Coordinate Log: Warp to --> Incase you want to follow a guys trail, by jumping where he was.
- Added: Coordinate Log: Save coordinates
- Added: Config MOTD: Message of the day. Each time a player logs in
- Added: Config: Activate Faction restricted Playfields
- Added: Playfield: Player/Faction/Origin restricted Playfields: Enter Origin and/or Faction/Player ID, separated by #
- Added: Playfield: Mark orange/red if too many structures
- Added: AM:Get New command to get ores. Now you can combine also multiple slots. See AM(think) --> AM:Get:ITEM-AMOUNT[#ITEM-AMOUNT#....] or for all AM:Get:ITEM[#ITEM#....] = Gets a certain amount of items or all from the Auto-Miner.
- Added: CSW: Check if a ship is docked that is not listed yet. Prevents warp with loss of a docked ship
- Added: CSW: Prevent multiple CSW at same time
- Added: Disk full: Fixed showing to late
- Added: New Items: CAREFUL! Ammo was lowered, this could cause bans if you don't do a wipe/fresh start! Turn of Autoban at the beginning
- Added: Dedicated config: 2 New Difficulties and new order
- Added: Server-Integrity Check: Shows if files are/might be corrupted. So far only check for empty files 0 byte
- Added: Structure: Set to private
- Added: Structure backup: Saves also player and game.dat (to give possibility to restore game with no current full backup)
- Added: New Function Select Player/Structure (used for example in Structure: Set private)