the new Escape the Pacific version ‘Alpha 06’ is now available.
For this update we were mainly focusing on the finalizing the dismantle/destroy mechanic of built objects also getting some items back. The amount of ingredients will depend on the players Dismantle skill. We have also added options to re-assign keys and made changes to the ActionBar to reflect this new functionality.
Furthermore we were focusing also on the issues making rafts very hard to use. One of the major issues that was fixed is one that caused big rafts to break apart after save/load. Dragging rafts and other floatable objects is now also more reliable without rotating around when dragged. As there are still remaining issues we look forward to players experiencing those issues reporting to us in detail what lead to those situations.
We have also had another pass on the inventory system regarding craftable Crates. The objects put into them aren’t disappearing or duplicating after save/load anymore.
01. Fixed: Big rafts aren’t breaking apart after Save/Load
02. Fixed: Some of the raft base elements don’t become non-interactable anymore
03. Fixed: Some of the raft base elements of big rafts aren’t disappearing after Save/Load
04. Fixed: Registering the attached raft base objects to another raft base objects is correct now (not causing breaking apart later)
05. Fixed: Repetitive attaching/detaching of the same raft base element doesn’t break the raft functionality
06. Fixed: Rafts aren’t occasionally sinking after save/load anymore
07. Added: Rafts don’t begin to rotate in the air when dragged
01. Fixed: Crate inventory items aren’t disappearing after save/load
02. Fixed: Crate inventory items aren’t duplicated after save/load
01. Fixed: Thirst level is now dropping correctly when players character temperature is below 37
02. Fixed: Internal popup message when focusing palm fronds with a knife in hand is not shown anymore
03. Fixed: Cancelling a not yet completed blueprint does not spawns additional tools used during finalizing anymore
04. Added: Basic/First Key Re-Assignment functionality
We will continue to work on finalizing the Key Re-Assignment functionality. Beginning with the next update we plan to add some new gameplay elements, models and functionality with each new update to improve gameplay and make playing the game more interesting. The following features are planned to be added or improved over the next updates (in irrelevant order): moving crabs, fish trap, turtles, soup, distilling water and gathering salt, new huts and more. We will work on those new features as fixing of the remaining Inventory/Weight/Save system/Raft Attach/Detach issues allows us to.
Thank you for your patience and for your constructive feedbacks helping us to get rid of the issues as fast as is possible.
Please be aware that during early access phase game code could change as much as affecting gameplay when loading/saving savegames from earlier versions. To always be on the safe side make sure to start a new game with each update. Thank you!
If you have any further questions, ask us. We will try to answer them in detail.