Oof. We're having some technical difficulties with the AotR Launcher,
so we decided to release 4.1 standalone for now.
Once the Launcher is fixed, we will make it independently available.
If you have a working version of 4.1 already installed from the previous days,
you don't have to uninstall that and may disregard this new file
For a full list of changes, please refer to the CHANGELIST.
HOW TO INSTALL
- Download the Installer
- Unzip the contents of AotR_4.1.zip
- Run Installer.exe
- The installer creates a shortcut to AotR 4.1 on your desktop
For using T3A:Online, nothing has changed - just make sure RotWK is hooked from the T3A:Online Launcher.
For using Gameranger, the process has been simplified:
- Open Gameranger
- Go to Edit > Options...
- Find and select Rise of the Witch-king
- Under Location, select Browse
- Browse to your Age of the Ring 4.1 installation folder and select lotrbfme2ep1.exe, then click Open.
To play normal RotWK, reverse this process by selecting lotrbfme2ep1 from RotWK's installation folder.
********** PLEASE READ BELOW **********
- AotR 4.1 does NOT yet support 2.02 v8.2.0. To play Age of the Ring, either don't update to the latest 2.02 version or use the 2.02 launcher to set your Rise of the Witch-king to v8.0.1.
- There is still a launcher.exe present in AotR 4.1's installation folder. You can use this to uninstall Age of the Ring, get help for Gameranger using Options > Gameranger, as well as launch the mod. There is no update available, so pressing Update does nothing.
Having trouble? Join us on Discord and use the Support channel.
The Age of the Ring Team