4/27/2015 - A Network Adventure
Also someone on IRC came around and looked at the performance profile for my game in Chrome tools and found my deepCopy function was taking like 60% of their CPU. I was embarrassed so I set out to optimize it. It runs much, much better now. My next step is to convert it to a binary protocol and make the clients predict more... but this will be built on top of this system rather than the old copy/diff the whole state. Now the CPU time is spent in copying webGL buffers around, a much better use of CPU time.
I submitted some Istrolid screenshots to Screenshot Saturday on Reddit. Some people came and left. But it became clear to me that GIFs show off the game way more. I really like the gifs in this game: Sky Rogue
So with this new found desire to make gifs, you guessed it, I also tried to make some GIFs and even record a commentary on a match. Even though I learned I suck at making gifs, I suck at commentary more. I am too embarrassed about the commentary video so you will never see it. But here are the gifs:
I put the gifs on the front page so that was cool.