A Glorious New Year
JANUARY 1 - HAKJAK
I’m currently working on a massive new update for you guys!
The goal is to have this update ready for release sometime this Spring.
New stuff coming soon:
- Control and handling overhaul by the super-talented Justin Couch. Say goodbye to twitchy controls and wonky handling. G&G controls are getting a proper upgrade.
- 25 brand spankin’ new Official Tracks for the new characters
- 40+ new Level Editor items for all you wonderful Workshop Level Creators out there
- 15 additional Steam Achievements & in-game Rewards
- 4 major YouTuber content additions and cameos
- 2 mini Easter Egg challenges
- 1 magnificent Halls of Glory, including a Trophy Room to see a visual indicator of your progress
- Proper QA and bug squashing with the fine folks over at tinyBuild
Here's a brief look at one of the YouTuber cameos, CoryxKenshin!
Photo on the left, 3D game model on the right. Below that is a timelapse of the character creation face-mapping magic!
Several new NPCs were added to the game as well, in the form of select Backers from the Guts and Glory Kickstarter, such as this guy from Australia! They will be available in the 1.0 release this Spring.
This update will prepare things for the official version 1.0 launch and console ports. The goal is to have this update out sometime this Spring! It’s a ton of work, so I just wanted to let you all know what’s going on behind the curtain and what to expect in 2018.
Now that most of the new content is in place, it’s time to update all the language translations. If you are interested in volunteering to review and edit the localization document, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepted volunteers will get their names added to the Official Credits list, as well as a recommendation on LinkedIn, etc.
Serious inquiries only please. Translations will be peer-reviewed. No new languages can be added at this time.
Current languages include:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
If you have bugs to report, please send to email@example.com or use the in-game bug report tool. Bug squashing and QA is a huge priority right now. Please be sure to include computer specs and other details if you email me directly.
Thank you all for your support in 2017!
It’s been fun shaping this game together during Early Access and I can’t wait to see what you think of the huge 1.0 update to come this Spring!