Patch 2.2.11 released!
It's been a couple of months since the last patch and in that time some significant changes have been made. Since the release of 2.2 I have been reworking countries that I felt were lacking, and the last of those was the United Kingdom, who has finally been given the attention they need in this release.
Calling in reinforcements from around the empire, the British Army is bolstered with special units capable of turning the tides of battle. Furthermore they gain the Pintail and Pop Shell, which replaces the Arms Jammer, and the Battle Fortress has been reworked.
Not only have the UK received additions however, Yugoslavia gains the Ironsmith, an infantry equipped to render your tank divisions unstoppable!
As always, new maps have been added as well. Below are a few samples...
Of course there are many balance changes too, bug fixes and so on! Here's an overview of the entire patch:
- Reworked the United Kingdom, altering existing units and removing and replacing others, including.
- ADDITION: the Colonial Bureau for the UK T2. Provides units at intervals depending on your tech tier; the Skitter on T1 - a fast amphibious harassment unit equpped with mines, the Gurkha on T3 - a steadfast versatile soldier and the Wildcat at T4 - a long range anti-unit artillery.
- ADDITION: the Pintail for the UK. An aircraft available at T3, replaces the Arms Jammer. Attaches a bomb to enemy vehicles that jams their weapons, and the weapons of surrounding vehicles, for 45 seconds.
- ADDITION: Pop Shell support power for the UK. Spawns a tank bunker anywhere on the map, allowing you to fortify an area on the fly!
- ADDITION: the Ironsmith for Yugoslavia. And infantry on T3 who can attach charges to friendly vehicles which double their armour when activated!
- ADDITION: A new client feature; the Pick Random Map button, available in skirmish and multiplayer. Selects a random map based on the number of participants in the game.
- 7 all new maps in skirmish and multiplayer.
- A dozen reworked existing maps for more interesting strategies and improved balance.
- Many balance adjustments and bug fixes.
You can view the full changelog here.
The patch can be downloaded and manually installed, if you are unable to use the client updater for whatever reason.
If you're interested in how those maps get made you can watch a timelapse of myself creating Close Encounter (2)! Remember to subscribe on YouTube for additional content.
Remember you can always join our Discord for active discussion and first-look at every upcoming patch!