The XTended mod features all new, original content created in the original spirit of X3: Reunion. Adding ships, weapons, sectors, missions, effects, and everything in between, we aim to be an unofficial expansion to the game, bringing old fans back in for another tour of duty while drawing new fans in. Adding multiple new ship classes to fill in tactical gaps in the already established order of battle, be ready for fleet battles to reach a whole new level with ships like Drone Frigates, Mine Layers, Mobile Shipyards, and the massive M0 super Battleships. Its not all combat though, we've added tons of new content and sectors for the explorer to discover, and new stations and freighter class ships should keep the peaceful merchant happy as well.
Here's a rough feature list for our upcoming 0.7 release:
90 new sectors including:
- The Solar System
- New Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirate, and Yaki Sectors
- New Goner Sectors
- New Unknown Sectors
- And countless new places to explore!
83 New Ships:
- Argon, Terran, Paranid, Otas and Sohnen M0's
- Full compliment of M7 frigate class ships
- Full complement of MM6 military corvette class ships
- An M8 class ship for each of the 5 major races with a special feature per M8, as well as the Otas Custodian shield frigate
- 7 Ships from X2 brought back, remodeled and refitted by special dealers across the universe
- Full compliment of Terran ships on sale and active in the universe from M0 down to M5
- MTS, Military Transport class ships, TS ships with teeth.
- Pirate Galleon, frigates and 2 unique new Pirate fighter models
- Otas (a corporation specializing in advanced technologies) will have a full compliment of ships from M0 down to M3, each with special distinctive features.
- A new race, and 9 ships used by them.
- A fleet of new Yaki and Goner ships to discover, buy and use.
- Many other various ships like the Krait, Boron Whale and Xenon P Raider
Xtensive Effects improvements
- Shockwaves and improved capital ship explosions
- Added debris in ship explosions
- New pirate and Yaki engine effects
- New sound effects
- And other minor tweaks to all of the 0.6 improvements
2 New Weapons
- The Paranid Heavy Missile Gun: An ammo base missile launcher capable of devastating long range bombardment
- The Sohnen Beam Cannon: Limited intel available due to a distinct lack of survivors.
Over 45 New commands and features including:
- Shipbuilding capabilities on some ships
- Drone building capabilities on the Argon Griffon Drone Frigate
- Ship extension upgrade options at player owned equipment docks for fleet equipping purposes.
- Complex warehouses to increase the amount that can be stored at factory complexes, or for their own stand alone use to store goods.
- Multiple electronic warfare features on Otas ships.
- The Otas custodian Shield Frigate
- Point to Point jumpdrives on some advanced ships.
- Many other features including installing ship repair facilities on docks and on carriers, setting capital ships to automatically execute tactical retreats when under fire, the ability to deploy scout drones for long range reconnaissance, and much more...
- The huge and ancient Dyson Sphere, under control of an unknown force
- The magnificent Otas Headquarters built around a series of old mining facilities.
- New factories for the production of the Heavy Missile Gun and ammo, Concussion Impulse Generator and scout drones.
- Many larger factories for weapon and ship components production (potentially still compatible with Ashley's XL fabs)
- Forges producing Terran Electromagnetic Pulse Cannons and Terran missiles.
- New, distinct Shipyards for the 5 main races
Over 20 New Missions:
- Including a new Xtended plot involving a new and terrifying race with the player trying to avert a universe shattering war.
- Multiple ships to discover and interact with within the universe, leading to missions and side quests and general interaction with the universe.
- Several new BBS missions, including missions to unlock new ships such as the Argon Leviathan.
- Dangerous new missions into uncharted enemy space
Many other new features including:
- New wares and features to find and use
- Much improved AI usage of all ships, leading to more variety and life in the universe
- various AL plugin options to enable:
-- Shockwave damage from capital ship explosions
-- Other independent companies within the universe
-- Randomized or fixed locations for new shipyards and important stations
-- Many new stations to find and trade with
The development stage may say public beta, but that's just because we're not done adding content, and we're not planning on "finishing" anytime soon, so just when you think you've seen it all we'll come out with even more new content.